Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Location lotion reconfirmed...yeahhhh

Posted by IDXMonster 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Location lotion reconfirmed...yeahhhh
May 26, 2015 03:25AM
Today I took my modified IDX Pro and my buddy with his ATPro coin hunting,we dug targets nickel and above,looking for gold and old coins. We went to two parks,one kinda old,the other not really too old. I stated in another post I dug 156 coins,it was actually 136,sorry. My buddy dug 89 coins,a total of 225 coins. Not one Wheat or silver. Nothing older than 1959. What a bummer,but not unexpected the way we were hunting and where we were.
After that I went to a sidewalk tearout that is going to be paved tomorrow sometime,last shot for 50 years,right? I dug 5 coins. 2 were Memorials that got mixed in somehow,a 195? Wheat and 2 Indians,1882 and 1890. 3 of 5 coins were older than the entire lot we dug earlier! Other than the outright value of the clad I would've rather spent the whole time at the tearout,which I should've,but didn't. I guess the point is,if you like old coins,don't go where they're probably not. I know everybody knows this,yet we find ourselves frequenting the places that really haven't given diddly and don't plan on it any time soon. I'm going to work to make every minute of my hunting time meaningful,and to me that means making sure the places I go have GOOD potential,not just blind potential.
On a side note,I dug 82 Memorial pennies on Memorial Day.sad smiley
Re: Location lotion reconfirmed...yeahhhh
May 26, 2015 04:28AM
True, best to research if area is old, but general hunting is good practice, congrats on your finds..you make a good point we do sometime's spend more time where vintage coins are not likely.
I hope to get off the couch and do some hunting and hope to post a find or two. HH
May 26, 2015 09:17AM
Clad adds up. But I just don't want to dig it. If they ever get rid of the dollar bill I might change my mind.
May 26, 2015 09:47AM
Whoa there bionic spellchecker! The title word is NOTION NOTION NOTION,not LOTION! I gotta turn that damn thing off....
May 27, 2015 02:34PM
Darn I was hoping for some magic elixir to help improve my finds.

IDXMonster Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Whoa there bionic spellchecker! The title word is
> NOTION NOTION NOTION,not LOTION! I gotta turn that
> damn thing off....

Bryanna - Nebraska

Current - New to me but not new MXT Pro and T2 SE2 - Previous Minelab Sovereign GT, Minelab Safari, Whites DFX, Whites Eagle Spectrum
Smile its a good for you!
May 27, 2015 04:46PM
For your info foil below nickel is where the majority of gold rings lost come in. Typically womens thin rings many with nice stones..To hunt nickel and above may be a good way for silver but not gold rings...
May 27, 2015 10:14PM
Magic Elixir? I just thought he was referring to beer......
May 28, 2015 02:22AM
Sidewalk tearout in the ghetto or fowntown areas are my favorites. Seated,bust and gold coins!!!