Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Don't you just hate it...

Posted by Dan-Pa. 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Don't you just hate it...
June 10, 2015 01:47PM
When a forum deletes several posts you made...Seems like the forums originator name is not popular with a certain company...Just luv this forum as its full of real detectorists and well all opinions welcomed...
Re: Don't you just hate it...
June 10, 2015 02:38PM
It seems to be a mixed bag. I've seen some posts that I think were meant as a joke with sarcasm but that doesn't always come across in type. I'm sure I've been unintentionally guilty of that. Others are where some people are just venting and emotional which to me is okay unless it goes overboard with made up stuff and no facts or gets into name calling. To your point I have seen some posts that were factual but did not fit the advertisers agenda and were deleted. That bothers me to a degree since it is an opportunity for a company to address customers problems or questions head on. When they take the easy way out by deleting a post it doesn't do much for the integrity of that company in my eyes. It seems when the company technical people are involved things work pretty smooth. I think I tend to blend in MD sites with the general interent blogs and forums where almost anything goes. I forget at times most MD sites are sponsored by the companies and some dealers and they reserve rights to control the content even though they may not be the actual owners or operators of the given site.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/10/2015 02:40PM by TabWhisperer.
Re: Don't you just hate it...
June 10, 2015 03:02PM
Guess I missed it, but I sometimes wll post a little offbeat to topics knowing full well will be deleted like the constant Nike trolls.
Been here only a short time and seems like a great forum dedicated to metal detecting a forum which we enjoy.
In my view this forum is already miles ahead of the many constant forums popping up daily . HH

ps what other forum has so many real experts on the field