Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Water detectors

Posted by guvmore 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Water detectors
June 26, 2015 04:43AM
I never hunted in water except the end of beach shore, was wondering do water detectors have different circuits that operate different in water then land, or is the main difference keeping them water tight? thanks
Re: Water detectors
June 26, 2015 07:09AM
There's all kind of water detectors. Single frequency VLF such as the Garrett AT PRO, multi frequency like the Fischer CZ and Minelabs, then we have the Pulse Induction detectors.
June 26, 2015 12:32PM
If you are talking salt water capable most have a salt setting or have to be ajusted to operate properly.... something most single freq cant do very effectively. Thing they are changing thou...... best example is the CTX. I suspect more will attempt this to reduce the number of detectors they produce, alledgedly improve them, and of course increase the price. Id say Garrett has done it well with the fresh water machine the AT Pro. But I still think we could see something new in a PI machine.
June 26, 2015 01:55PM
The Whites Beach Hunter can be used on land and in water. It has a manual ground balance. The only thing to land hunt it needs to be hip mounted because it is to heavey to swing long. It has 3 lights that tell you what you hit. I have one and love the way it hunts.
June 26, 2015 01:55PM
Water tight is the big difference...Frequencies vary as in land units....