Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Meteorite hunting

Posted by D&P-OR 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Meteorite hunting
June 26, 2015 01:03AM
Where can I find a good book on meteorite hunting with a metal detector?-----I find this topic fascinating & would like to at least learn some more about it.
Re: Meteorite hunting
June 26, 2015 01:12AM
Order a T2 detector and get a free copy of "Meteorite Men's" book. Call 888-759-7699

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/26/2015 01:14AM by doc holiday.
June 26, 2015 01:18AM
Weren't the meteorite Men using f-75's, doc ?
June 26, 2015 01:53AM
On their website they claim"T2's detector of meteorite men", but they may have also used the 75.
June 26, 2015 03:08PM
Here are a couple of links

[meteorites.ning.com]

[web.archive.org]

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
June 26, 2015 04:08PM
Thanks Gentlemen--very interesting stuff!
June 26, 2015 05:47PM
Good luck Del! Thats something I am interested in too. Too many interest, not enough time,lol.
June 26, 2015 07:01PM
All I know is some specimens are worth big bucks.....Many large colleges have courses in such and could tell you what you have found...
June 26, 2015 07:48PM
Dan-Pa---a little meteorite adventure for you--In 1994 I met a guy,now deceased,at a GPAA gold show in Ga. he was selling ML detectors which I knew little about.So we hit it off and he invited me out to his place,Gold Basin AZ. which you may know is the site of a very large strewn field of L2 chondrite meteorites. At the time no one knew about all those "hot rocks" in Gold Basin being meteorites and I along with maaaany others tossed them aside as hot rocks. The Univ of AZ came out and identified the true nature of these hot rocks--tried to keep it a secret,but of course,drip drip,and the race was on.A friend of mine and his wife collected almost a 100 lbs.of specimens weighing from a 10 grams to 5 lbs. Over the years I found several pounds--gave most of them away to friends,grandkids etc,but I still have a few. I now have a place near GB where we spend several months a year,but the pickings are veeery slim now.Thousands of people on hunting tours have just about picked it clean,but if you hunt hard you can still find a rock or 2 in a week of hard hunting.Utube is loaded with meteorite hunts--good luck in your new adventure,but don't quit your day job.LOL
June 27, 2015 01:06AM
Guys in the Arctic circle find them laying on top of the ice/snowpack,

they just walk around looking for black colored rocks lying on top of the ice/snow = how convenient/easy is that!?