Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Hello I'm a new contributor here on the forum thought I would say

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Hello I'm a new contributor here on the forum thought I would say
August 10, 2009 03:04AM
Hello!! I've been a lurker for awhile but wanted to get in on some of the discussions I find intriguing.I have owned quite a few Fisher detectors in my 25+ years of detecting and a lot of other brands too .I enjoy comparing detectors of different makes and models against each other in my favorite scenario which is mid 19th century house sites in my quest for Civil War relics Here in the North Georgia area. Mainly the area West Of Atlanta.Dallas, Campbellton, Palmetto.All of the Chattahoochee river line on the West Side of Atlanta also.

The more iron the better when I hunt because all of the sites around have been pretty beat up. But with persistence and patience you can always eek out a few keepers.

Right now I'm using an Teknetics Omega with 11"DD coil. I have Had the T-2 and F-75.

I Became Interested in the Omega from Tom's report on the unit with the DD!

O'k enough about me just wanted to get acquainted and involved in some discussions.

O'Yeah Tom I have your video and have watched it a couple of times the real world hunt is great info.I could tell on some of the hits you were getting with the cz there could of been some iffy's in there that the F-75/T-2 might of got in 2 tone or single tone with the quicker response time.

When I hunt I site for relics all I care is if its iron or not thats it and sometimes I like the bigger iron for the gun parts Etc.The Omega seems to be discing nails extremely well but hitting on the better iron relics. Seem's to do it better than the T-2. I dug a butt plate last week I believe?.... the T-2 would of left.

O'k thanks and look forward to future post!!

Keith Southern

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/10/2009 03:07AM by Keith Southern.
Welcome...
August 10, 2009 01:16PM
I know you are very knowledgeable in your own right and a pleasure to have you.
Please feel free to jump in the discussions as you can only add to an already fine forum..
Re: Welcome...
August 11, 2009 01:20AM
Welcome Keith.

---- And you will find the Omega to be exceptionally quiet in the iron.... especially whilst relic hunting in nail-infested pits and Omega on a Disc of '16'. Your conditions may differ slightly..... and you may utilize 15 or 17. The Omega is MUCH more quiet vs. T2.
Re: Hello I'm a new contributor here on the forum thought I would say
July 12, 2015 05:55AM
Time flies, doesn't it??? Wonder how many keystrokes since this post to what looks like 4602 posts?????

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/12/2015 05:58AM by tnsharpshooter.
July 12, 2015 06:27AM
No telling..

Things were different back then too...Finally found a spot on the net I could talk without restrictions...So I did alot of talking while I could..

Coming up on my 39th year owning and trying to figure out a metal detector...

Over half of my detecting life is behind me now....I wish I could have another 40 years at it...But who Knows maybe I will...I was lucky to become OBSESSED with bottle collecting and Metal detecting at the early age of 7 years old....luckily my relco mustang brand new in Christmas of 1976 did not tear up for a few years till I could get hold of the AWESOME Red baron!!

I dont think I will ever get them figured out though...LOL...

But it would be awesome to metal detect for 80 years!!

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
July 12, 2015 06:32AM
It sure would Keith--80 years would =many holes and many pounds of dirt moved !