Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

original F75 questions

Posted by Rod-PA 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
original F75 questions
July 23, 2015 02:52PM
I borrowed Ozzie's original F75 after reading through all pages of this forum mentioning F75 starting at page 200 and going to the end. Going from G2 and CZ i thought "how hard could this be"? My first outing was extremely brief, at night, and I stayed out just long enough to get a zincoln. I had the 11" on, and trying to make sense of 4 tones, emi, small targets....felt like I was trying to learn French while Mandarin songs were playing in the background. Any disc lower than 6 was constant chatter unless I took the sens all the way down below 50.

I put the 5" coil on it this morning and took it to a site that has been a working farm since mid 1700s. The dirt is very fine, but very packed down. Even after a couple soaking rains, only the top inch was not bone dry when I was there two previous trips with my G2 and this trip. With the G2, targets more than 4"' deep, even with the 11" coil were very erratic both in depth reading and IDs were crazy helter skelter. There are a LOT of power/phone lines on the poles 40 feet from the house, and even with the 5" coil on the F75, it chattered heavily until I moved the disc to 6 again. I was able to have sense at 80, and left it on 4 tones again. I did not experiment with changing frequencies on this trip, because I just wanted to get a feel for running the F75 over the exact ground I had walked with the G2 on my previous trip. I basically searched under one old tree, both sides of two sidewalks, and a direct path across the yard from the old water pump to the barn area.

I did get two wheats, and the 1920 wheat was at about 8" depth, in a spot I know i swung over with the G2, but I didnt have it today to try to test head to head. I also got a pocket watch innards at deeper than my pinpointer, and some sort of ladies/girls leather and brass adornment.

By the end of my session, I was fairly comfortable with 4 tones. I like the balance with the 5" on the F75 much better than G2 with 5". Since I really want to get to older coins, I plan the next trip to put the 11" back on, and spend a good amount of time working to on frequencies, etc to get to lowest disc possible with manageable interference.

my questions are...
with original F75...
will giving up disc or sensitivity affect my depth more, or quicker? If I have so much noise/chatter with the 11" at what point should I stick with the 5" for depth?
will pf or de mode give me advantage in the yard for emi?

Thanks.
Re: original F75 questions
July 24, 2015 01:18AM
The difference between a Disc setting of '5' ... vs .... '4'............ will have more depth effect then changing Sens from '99' to '70'.

'pf' mode or 'de' mode will show minimal differential with emi.