Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

First time poster

Posted by TabDad 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
First time poster
July 29, 2015 01:29AM
Hello all, new member here. I have always read the forums but never felt inclined to join until I ran across this one, great knowledge and info without all the bickering and my machine is better than yours! (Hate that) I am 48 and have been swinging a coil for about 5 years and really enjoy it, great stress reliever. My current machines are Compadre 8 " and Vaquero. I have owned other machines but just seem to click with the Tesoros, plus they are better than anything else! LOL just kidding.Thanks for the great forum, looking foward to joining in on civil conversation.
Re: First time poster
July 29, 2015 01:34AM
Welcome TD, sit down, stay a spell. Where's home............
July 29, 2015 02:11AM
Originally from WV, Go Mountaineers! I have now lived in Concord NC for about 25 years but still call WV home, funny how that works. I live about 3 miles from Charlotte Motor Speedway and have tried to get in there to do some tecting but no luck.
July 29, 2015 02:21AM
Welcome aboard Sir!!!

Tesoros are fine units.. and glad you CLICK with them...that single tone can speak volumes if you listen ... And you seem to be listening!

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
July 30, 2015 12:13AM
Thanks guys. Keith you do great work on the videos, I like the unbiased testing and opinion which is hard to find online. Yes I am buttering him up, I might have some questions in the future! hehe.
July 30, 2015 12:42AM
Welcome TabDad..
Those Tesoros do fascinate me. Never had the privilege of operating one. Look forward to your threads/posts.
July 30, 2015 12:51AM
Welcome to a great forum, feel free to discuss your Tesoros on here, I'm a Tesoro user myself, have 10 or 11 of them, from my oldest Inca to my newest Outlaw.

Yes, I'm addicted but I don't need a cure...lol
July 30, 2015 01:21AM
Thanks guys. tnsharpshooter you probably shouldn't try them or you will end up like Hombre! I would like to have another Compadre with 5.75 coil, I seem to grab it more than I do the Vaq.
July 30, 2015 01:21AM
Good to have you here TabDad! I couldn't begin to scratch the surface of the flat out KNOWLEDGE on this forum...real answers and discussion,rarely any fluffing of the feathers or other BS. I'm about where you are,47,been at it a similar amount of time,running a single tone IDX Pro,though recently acquired an Explorer2. Two different machines offer a lot in the way of mixing it up if you want,but nothing wrong with sticking with what you know best. I've never run a Tesoro but if I run across one I want at a garage sale or something I'll gobble that thing up for sure,lots of good things have been said about them.
At any rate....WELCOME!!

Kevin
July 30, 2015 01:39AM
Thanks IDX. I thought about getting another machine with tones but all I would care about would be one with two tones, iron and everything else, I dont really care about looking at a screen either but I do know it is just another tool to use. If Tesoro would add a iron tone to one of their current detectors it would be perfect for me.
July 30, 2015 01:41AM
TabDad Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks IDX. I thought about getting another
> machine with tones but all I would care about
> would be one with two tones, iron and everything
> else, I dont really care about looking at a screen
> either but I do know it is just another tool to
> use. If Tesoro would add a iron tone to one of
> their current detectors it would be perfect for
> me.

Find you an used Euro Sabre....

Great relic units!!

nice Iron tone..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
July 30, 2015 01:47AM
Thanks Keith! Did not realize the Euro Sabre had an Iron tone, will have to be on the lookout. See buttering him up paid off!
July 30, 2015 02:21AM
I have a Euro.....cool smiley

I might be tempted...they say everything is for sale........then maybe not.....nice lines, colors and works excellent...its a dandy machine....think I'll keep it...spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Welcome to the forum

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
July 30, 2015 05:05AM
Welcome, I'm mostly a lurker just too hot and busy to detect at moment. HH
July 30, 2015 06:04AM
Welcome!
July 30, 2015 11:30AM
Good to have you TabDad, Enjoy!
July 30, 2015 01:23PM
Welcome aboard!
July 30, 2015 01:23PM
That 5.75 Compadre you're thinking of is a great little machine in small iron, up close to large metal posts and the like, or as a spare unit to share with a non-detecting user or child.

It's my longest tenured unit and I don't see myself ever giving it up. Plus it's still under warranty, not that I've ever needed it.

Welcome to the forum!