Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

No coil issues here > Spanish Copper, Phoenix Button and Indian Trade Jewelery

Posted by Cal_cobra 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
No coil issues here > Spanish Copper, Phoenix Button and Indian Trade Jewelery
July 30, 2015 12:39AM
Picked up a the RC40 large coil for my Racer and did a little detecting with my friend yesterday to test it out.

Here's finds from his site, sans about a 12 pack of canslaw sad smiley

This is Spanish copper bits and pieces, and a few pieces of lead (some look like they were flattened out into game pieces?):

Here's the buttons and the Spanish/Indian trade pendant:

It was fun to test out my the 15.5" x 13" coil, but I don't know if I could hunt with it for more then a few hours. It wasn't overly heavy, but yeah it wore on you after a few hours, but that's what GIANT sized coils do.

HH,
Brian
Nice finds..
NICE thumbs down

Love those Phoenix buttons!
AWESOME Phoenix Button!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like that Spanish Saddle decoration.....Very unique to your Area...

Congrat's and im happy you made some HISTORIC finds!!

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
Re: No coil issues here > Spanish Copper, Phoenix Button and Indian Trade Jewelery
July 30, 2015 04:38AM
Great ginds Brian! How many phoenix buttons you have now?
Re: No coil issues here > Spanish Copper, Phoenix Button and Indian Trade Jewelery
July 30, 2015 06:28PM
tnsharpshooter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Nice finds..

Thank you!

MichiganRelicHunter Wrote:
> NICE thumbs down
>
> Love those Phoenix buttons!

Thanks, I love finding them. I'm hoping to add a Phoenix cannon and mortar and ball button to the finds collection one of these days.

deathray Wrote:
> Great ginds Brian! How many phoenix buttons you
> have now?

Ray I believe I'm up to nine Phoenix buttons. They're rare finds, and it still brings a smile to my face when I dig one smiling smiley

Keith Southern Wrote:
> AWESOME Phoenix Button!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
> I like that Spanish Saddle decoration.....Very unique to your Area...
>
> Congrat's and im happy you made some HISTORIC finds!!
>
> Keith

Thanks Keith. There's a lot of debate as to what that pendant thing is. To quote my hunting buddy "debate goes on and on about what they were . Eg.: drawer pulls, bell-clappers, jinglers, indian fertility pendant-trade items, etc.... Despite their original purpose, it's safe to say they were probably also trade items as well, in the earlier days of the missions when "trinkets" (buttons, coins, etc...) were all-the-rage as a trade item to indians, who had as-of-yet barely ever seen refined metals at that point."

Whatever it's original purpose or re-purpose was, it's a nice example
thumbs down

hh,
Brian
WTG Brian,!

Excellent finds! I know digging can slaw is a pain but to get the goodies up in gold country or mission era sites one has to wade through the can slaw sad smiley

Congrats!
Paul