Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

New 2 frequency coil for X-Terra 705

Posted by sanjuro 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
New 2 frequency coil for X-Terra 705
February 17, 2015 03:34PM
New from Mars coils is a 2 frequency 15 inch coil that you change the frequency by touching a 9v battery to the 2 contact points on the coil, no more having to buy 2 coils now for any X-Terra user

[marsmd.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/17/2015 03:44PM by sanjuro.
Re: New 2 frequency coil for X-Terra 705
February 17, 2015 04:12PM
Very interesting! I will watch for more on the tech and how it compares to other 15 inch coils.

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie
February 17, 2015 04:23PM
Good info...too bad it's such a large size...

wonder why they never developed the BBS into the x Terra ..seems they have about give up on the Sovereign....if they were to put the Sovereign in an xterra housing they would sell a million of them..I know I would want one

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
August 15, 2015 01:01AM
I know this an older post but my thoughts are exactly with yours Keith. What a sweet setup that would be indeed!

Keith Southern Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Good info...too bad it's such a large size...
>
> wonder why they never developed the BBS into the x
> Terra ..seems they have about give up on the
> Sovereign....if they were to put the Sovereign in
> an xterra housing they would sell a million of
> them..I know I would want one
> .
>
> Keith
August 15, 2015 09:39AM
If this works....... might just open the door for various freq coils on any machine. The next big change. I agree they gave up on BBS....... did away with the Sov and Exp two very dependable machines. If i understand this right, I have to say, id much rather buy a coil than a new machine every time i want to change freq.
August 15, 2015 10:22AM
Does sound good but Old Longhair is going to have a cat.
August 15, 2015 12:59PM
"this might just open the door for various freq coils on any machine."
No...... This is XTerra specific, the machine was designed in a way that allows interchangeable coils at different frequencies. Ordinarily, you would have to at least swap over a quarter of the internal electronics as well as the coil on most current machines to change frequency (along with having extra software in the micro to recognise and process the different frequency operation)

....unless you were suggesting other manufacturers may make XTerra-like machines in the future. In which case it's possible. Patents may get in the way, though....
August 15, 2015 01:28PM
I just received an email from kco that the xterra line is on sale. I wonder if they are making room for a new unit?
August 15, 2015 10:22PM
Yes thats what I was saying. If they have a way to use mutipule freq coils in lieu of single. Could be interesting.