Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Nauty gets deep Indian!

Posted by Harold,ILL. 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Nauty gets deep Indian!
August 21, 2015 02:24AM
Had a meeting back were I use to live about an hour south. I got there about an hour early so hit a close by park I use to pound pretty good. Last time here got skunked with the Etrac so Had the Nautilus IIBa in the trunk with the stock 10'' coil. I thought I would hit the open areas that are not that trashy and coins are deep.I did the Ground and loop balance set Disc. at 20 and T.P. at 30 so to run smooth. Dug a couple deep wads of foil and a small nail. Both were chirpy not quite the round sound. Anyways working my way out and I get that soft deep Disc. only Tone that usually means good deepie! I dig about 8'' and nothing. Another 1-2'' an my pinpojnter barley beeps. I probe and feel it about 1'' more in the side of the hole. I dig the last inch put it on my towel with the rest of the dirt and see the green patina edge that I know from the look it's an Injun. Rub the dirt off and sure enough 1898 full liberty. That coin was a good 11'' and I think I could have hit it another 1-2'' . The Nauty loves deep Indians for sure!
Re: Nauty gets deep Indian!
August 21, 2015 02:30AM
Nice find Harold,ILL,

That is a deep one, never found a small coin that deep, but I found a 2ยข piece that deep.
Re: Nauty gets deep Indian!
August 21, 2015 04:45AM
Nice. I found some IH's at 11" with a Sovereign w/8" coil.

Rick