Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Just bought a new Deus W/11inch coil and controller

Posted by glasartisan 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
August 23, 2015 04:20PM
Hi guys, wondering if any one here has used the Deus in fresh water. I bought it to work some of my trashy water sites for fur trade relics. I have the Deus water proof kit also. My issue is GBing in the fresh water, about 2 feet deep. I do have the antenna hooked up. Using 18 KHTZ, Im doing the pumping method and get a 89-90 GB #. Sometimes when I use this pumping method I even will get a GB fail. Holy cow, this hot for fresh water and I have 5-6 bars show up. I add 2 points to the # and start hunting in descrim mode at 92 GB. Im still getting ground feedback when I bring the coil to the lake bottom and then lifting it up about a foot from bottom. There should be no noise in both directions if balance is set correctly. It is specifically making noise, ground feedback falsing when coil is being lifted up. So I assume I need to add more GB but Im already at 95 max and 5-6 bars showing. I believe the detector is still too negatively set. It will run smoothly as long as I keep the coil at an even keel but if I start bumping into things or hit low and high spots on the lake bottom I start to get falsing. The detector itself is very stable, very little emi and or chatter. I ve been to 3 fresh water lakes now with one of the lakes over 100 miles from the other. All 3 have the exact GB issue and I get the same GB numbers. It is interesting to note that when I go to GB on the adjacent dry land I get no problems. I get about 10 points less than when in the actual water. And I also can set the Deus either negative or a few points positive and there is no ground feedback or falsing when on the dry land.
I have played with the different settings to see if this can be minimalized. It seems that bringing the frequency down closer to 8 KLHZ the detector gets more closely GBed. Not sure why that is. Also moving up the reactivity to 2-3 almost quiets the GB totally. And then I try to run as close to negative 1 as I can on silencer. But I realize that running in 3 reactivity will kill my depth, and some areas are just not that trashy to warrant it. My descrim is set between 7-10. All 3 of these fresh water lakes I have had other detectors at over the years. CZ-21 W 10-1/2 inch coil, Excal 10-1/2 incoil, detector pro headhunter, Tesoro water detectors and the CTX. All had on the 10 to 11 inch coils.Never had an issue with any of these pertaining to GBing. Either single or multi freqs worked in same areas that I just took my new Deus to. I love this detector for its depth and extreme sensitivity to small low conductors. The Deus is still finding me deep small nonferrous targets despite the GBing being off but am I loosing much depth and optimal performance by using it this way? Any help, suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Steve
Re: Just bought a new Deus W/11inch coil and controller
August 24, 2015 03:37PM
take is slow on sites that have a lot of trash and I always turn my power down to about 50 smaller foot print on the coil

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
August 24, 2015 07:34PM
Thanks there Lawrenzo for the tip. Steve