Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

2nd relic hunt with v3i

Posted by bubbadirect 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
2nd relic hunt with v3i
August 24, 2015 04:18PM
Well my buddy and I headed down to our area in Kentucky and he used his older whites model and experimented with his new Minelab PI. Certain areas had very bad EMI from the overhead power lines. He couldn't get his PI to settle down at all, and was having trouble with the XLT. I could hear the EMI badly as well, but I was able to hunt right under the power lines with decreasing the RXG on the V3i. Below are my finds, with all found during the last 2/3 of the trip (again, only my 2nd time out relic hunting with the V3i, so I was still learning what it was telling me)

I think the upper right is part of a hotchkiss shell, the 2 parrot frags look the might even be from the same piece! and the 6 lb borman top. I think the lower right pieces might be a small pocket knife, large lead grape shot (love these, since we usually find the iron ones), and I'm not sure what the upper left piece is? Maybe a horse bridle thing? Oh, and the number 6 thing might be an old cow tag?

All in all not bad and we had fun. My buddy killed it on finding 3 ringers and round balls with his XLT, but we knew it like the back of our hands, and I'm still learning the v3i. Can't wait to go again!

Bubba
Re: 2nd relic hunt with v3i
August 24, 2015 07:02PM
Nice digs Bubba thumbs down
August 25, 2015 01:31AM
Thanks Michigan! I see you are tearing it up as well with your digs! Nice going!
August 25, 2015 03:00AM
Good finds Bubba.
August 25, 2015 03:14PM
WTG on the finds Bubba