Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Hey Keith Southern, re deus and others

Posted by ncwayne 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Hey Keith Southern, re deus and others
September 04, 2015 12:30PM
Posting on the forum 'cause of your pm problems.

Just wondering how you and the Deus are getting along these days. I know you have tons of machines and use them surgically, so are you using the Deus much these days and for what specific duties? You still say it is best in iron?
How do you choose between the Racer and Deus for a specific site/hunt?

Have you made any changes to your iron man program, and what settings do you typically change in the field in the way of fine tuning?

And for kicks, would you please list your current inventory of detectors and coils? <g> I doubt you will, but it would be interesting to the rest of us just to see how big a problem you really have <vbg>.

Thanks, and I guess I should apologize for all the questions. Sorry.

Wayne

ps with your pm problems, which I doubt any of the rest of us would have, volume wise, maybe you would consider providing your email in your profile?

Pleasant Garden, NC
AT Max, Nokta Impact, MX Sport, Nokta FORS Relic, GPX 4800, Infinium, Racer, Deus, F75SE, Nautilus DMC II (order of acquisition, last to first)

Does an archeologist argue with a plow? A bureaucrat with a bulldozer?
smoking smileyRe: Hey Keith Southern, re deus and others
September 04, 2015 03:30PM
So this is for all of us...?I have used the racer from the start of summer and find it with the 5x10 to me a main machine. But I do also sometimes bring the deus and check targets to see if both machines can hit on the same target. I hunt a lot of iron and like to compare targets also. I will be doing the same thing this Sat at an area that I have found some old rusted locks from the late 1800s. I'm waiting for the new software to come out and see what that is all about. All I need is the deus and the racer and after hunting with so many machines over the years for now I count on these machines finding me good finds each time I go out hunting...

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/05/2015 02:42AM by Lawrenzo.
Re: Hey Keith Southern, re deus and others
September 04, 2015 05:27PM
ncwayne Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Posting on the forum 'cause of your pm problems.
>
> Just wondering how you and the Deus are getting
> along these days. I know you have tons of machines
> and use them surgically, so are you using the Deus
> much these days and for what specific duties? You
> still say it is best in iron?
> How do you choose between the Racer and Deus for a
> specific site/hunt?
>
> Have you made any changes to your iron man
> program, and what settings do you typically change
> in the field in the way of fine tuning?
>
> And for kicks, would you please list your current
> inventory of detectors and coils? I doubt you
> will, but it would be interesting to the rest of
> us just to see how big a problem you really have
> .
>
> Thanks, and I guess I should apologize for all the
> questions. Sorry.
>
> Wayne
>
> ps with your pm problems, which I doubt any of the
> rest of us would have, volume wise, maybe you
> would consider providing your email in your
> profile?

Just wondering how you and the Deus are getting along these days. I know you have tons of machines and use them surgically, so are you using the Deus much these days and for what specific duties?Yes I still use a DEUS and enjoy it very much..I find it is the Best/one to beat on smaller targets in ironeven with the 9 inch coil.Non FerrousTargets smaller than cuff size buttons and such it locks onto Very very well

You still say it is best in iron?Yes for Certian size Non ferrous trgets in iron as decribed above and also very good depth on low condcutors in Bad soil with ground bal offset..

How do you choose between the Racer and Deus for a specific site/hunt?Its according on the site..for a fresh site Surely the Racer goes in before the DEUS esepcially if theres modern trash.. the Racer has superior I.D. over the DEUS and over another favorite of mine the G2+/F19 I.D. wise..although the F19 is a great unit its not as HOT on brass as a Racer/CoRe and that says alot since there on 19Khz..On depleated sites of ancient order the OOR5 on the Racer/CoRe can rejuvinate a site if its of small iron to medium iron, from low condcutors up to high conductors coming to light, ala' the buckle from last week as an example,Another faovrite of mine is the Omega with stock coil (concentric) for high condcutors in iron with the 8khz freq.. Yet as of late and as of more Audio Learning the Racer/CoRe can hold its own well even going for the High conductors the lower freqs like.. especially true in iron..now on raw depth in my soil the Omega and ohers of similar type Freq's can have a raw depth advantage on isolated targets of the high conductance range..
Now in Tin the arch nemesis of High Freq's and DD coils an Omega with stock coil is a Unique player in that realm as an added option I might add and has become a ONE OF A KIND TOOL..Hyper gain/Tight/ fast/CONCENTRIC coil to boot.

Have you made any changes to your iron man program, and what settings do you typically change in the field in the way of fine tuning?Iron man is the GO TO for me...all I adjust is the Reacativity and disc..sometimes the disc can be as low as 2.3 and reactivity a 4 and still be intelligent..cant find a use for 5 reactivity...on a side note on version 2.0 I cant find a use for 4 reactivity...3.2 may at first not be noticable, but it is faster and more intelligent audio wise over 2.0 if you listen

And for kicks, would you please list your current inventory of detectors and coils?
Well
DEUS
CTX
Omega's( yes plural)
F19
DTVG
CoRe's ( membrane non membrane)
Racer's (couple,,, and a collectible first off the assembly line model with certificate of authenticity)
F44
TDI
Infinium
AT PRO
%&+#@*
All sorts of coils and lower rods

I doubt you will, but it would be interesting to the rest of us just to see how big a problem you really haveMy Problem is Masking and bad dirt..And as of late you can see by the line up im more into just straight NICHE unit's. more or less...Really all I want to do is unmask in iron..I like tryng alot of units but the only real PASSION I have is IRON SITE UNLOCKING a few more machines will be gone soon I believe my arsenal may just be a DEUS and Turkeys by the end of the year with the OMEGA for the only one that does what it does..HMMM I wonder if Makro/Racer would build us a Low Freq CoRe/Racer and give us a elliptical Concentric????Or how about a Racer/CoRe that is Multi freq selectable..7-14-21 Khz!!!!!!

Thanks, and I guess I should apologize for all the questions. Sorry.LOL...No need to be sorry I love to talk detecting or I would not be typing MY Thought's...

Thanks for the question

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
September 04, 2015 06:02PM
Let me guess-----I'll bet that "garbled" one is the Omega 8500----right Keith??? cool smiley
September 05, 2015 01:34AM
D&P-OR Wrote:
> Let me guess-----I'll bet that "garbled" one is
> the Omega 8500----right Keith??? cool smiley

Nope!!!

Not even Close Del...

Good try!

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
September 05, 2015 02:15AM
Hey Keith

I'll take a stab at the %&+#* = Deteknix AC/DC
September 05, 2015 03:37PM
I always heard the Deus won't hit deep coins on edge? That would be a deal breaker for Me on a Detector that cost that much.thumbs up
September 05, 2015 04:23PM
Harold,ILL. Wrote:
> I always heard the Deus won't hit deep coins on
> edge? That would be a deal breaker for Me on a
> Detector that cost that much.thumbs up

Hi Harold,

...If I had not seen it, I would not have believed it, the XP Deus my friend owns could not hit a quarter on edge in both directions of sweep. The quarter was placed in some sand on edge in plain sight, cross ways it would make the classic double beep. OK that is a normal response, but when the coin was swept length wise, NOTHING !
September 05, 2015 10:09PM
Hombre Wrote:
> Harold,ILL. Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I always heard the Deus won't hit deep coins on
> > edge? That would be a deal breaker for Me on a
> > Detector that cost that much.thumbs up
>
> Hi Harold,
>
> ...If I had not seen it, I would not have believed
> it, the XP Deus my friend owns could not hit a
> quarter on edge in both directions of sweep. The
> quarter was placed in some sand on edge in plain
> sight, cross ways it would make the classic double
> beep. OK that is a normal response, but when the
> coin was swept length wise, NOTHING !

Mine does quite easily and at reasonable depth.
September 06, 2015 12:02AM
Hobo,

I know what I witnessed and was shocked that the Deus would not signal on a surface, on edge quarter, try it yourself in both directions.

There was no other targets beside or under it, I was flabbergasted that it would not signal on it length wise.
September 06, 2015 07:18AM
Maybe Deus needs a hardware update..

Liaso