Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Question for you picture guys...

Posted by Dan-Pa. 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Question for you picture guys...
September 04, 2015 02:21PM
Why does my pictures come in upside down when posted...When I scan them on PC are right side up..Even tried to turn them upside down to get the to come in correct...Not a photo or PC guy myself but this has me confused. Any help?
Re: Question for you picture guys...
September 04, 2015 03:27PM
The trick is to stand on your head when you take the picture Dan! grinning smiley------Can't help you on that one my friend--this hi tech stuff has got us old guys whipped!-----My daughter-in-law had me "trained" on taking/posting pictures.---Then we got this new computer & I'm "lost" again with the picture thing.-----One of the guys here can probably help you with it--a pretty sharp bunch here.-----------Del
September 04, 2015 03:49PM
I know the drill my friend, daughter usually handles them but not available so borrowed equipment but the best laid plans of mice and men somehow turned upside down(no pun intended)

Reminds me of a neighbor who was in a high position with 200 people under him at work Well his PC went wacky and his 5 year old granddaughter fixed the problem.
Generation gap or perhaps multi generations gap in any case glad my daughter lives close or PC would be thrown out the window....
September 04, 2015 04:31PM
What are you using to take the pics and how are you moving the pics to your computer? This has to do with the EXIF info on the pics. Check out the link:
EXIF explained:
[www.digicamhelp.com]
Some info:
[www.techsupportalert.com]
This link may help:
[www.howtogeek.com]

Hope this helps.
September 05, 2015 02:47PM
Thanks James for your input but in the future just going to let my daughter take the pictures and shouldn't have any problems...
September 05, 2015 03:53PM
I hear you Dan as stuck in the 70's myself when it comes to that stuff. But the 70's was a great time to be stuck in wasn't it? If I could make a ''HOT TUB'' Time Machine like in the movie I would be the guy who stayed behind and refused to go back. LOL!
September 06, 2015 02:13PM
Saw the movie myself and yep the good old days will never come back...
September 06, 2015 10:17PM
I found when I had this problem Dan it required a reboot of the laptop. I leave mine in sleep mode to speed the boot time up. Do the same to the cell phone at least every other day. Frees up the RAM and some drivers when you reboot. Once I do the picture will load normally. Hope this helps. JR