Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

few scratches off the bucket list

Posted by Rod-PA 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
few scratches off the bucket list
September 06, 2015 08:01PM
I got out for less than an hour today...first time in a couple weeks, so I grabbed the trusty G2 and ran over to the closest spot I have to hunt. This house/yard is from right around 1900, but I have found all sorts of crazy and interesting stuff here. Every trip here I decided a while ago to dig every single target that repeats, regardless of ID or jumpiness. If nothing else, I am clearing the top layer of junk/foil/tin/pulltabs for a deeper machine to get other stuff. Well, today I got a signal around the bush I was hunting that was all over the place, and pinpointed oddly as well as well as deep. Pulled an old vinyl billfold type thingie out....no wonder it was jumpy. Other than the sterling pendant I got about 2 minutes earlier, all coins in the picture are out of that pouch.

1922 Peace Dollar
1964 silver half
1964 (2) dimes
1963 British 1 Shilling
1945, 4?, 58 wheats
1965 quarter

Get to cross off the Silver dollar and 64 silver half, so pretty stoked.

HH

Re: few scratches off the bucket list
September 06, 2015 08:42PM
Wow, that's a great find. Congrats!

Pleasant Garden, NC
AT Max, Nokta Impact, MX Sport, Nokta FORS Relic, GPX 4800, Infinium, Racer, Deus, F75SE, Nautilus DMC II (order of acquisition, last to first)

Does an archeologist argue with a plow? A bureaucrat with a bulldozer?
September 06, 2015 09:15PM
Silver dollars a tough to find but very much worth the Effort..

Im sure your pulse rate at time of find can attest to that!!!!

Congrats!!

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
September 06, 2015 09:23PM
Nice find on the silver dollar and silver half dollar, what a day you had.

The silver dollar is still on my bucket list, WTG !
September 06, 2015 10:43PM
That's one heck of a hunt!!
September 07, 2015 12:30AM
Nice! Peace dollars are rare finds for sure!
September 07, 2015 12:57AM
Keith Southern Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Silver dollars a tough to find but very much
> worth the Effort..
>
> Im sure your pulse rate at time of find can attest
> to that!!!!
>
> Congrats!!
>
> Keith

Actually Keith I just put it in my finds bag without opening it since it was vinyl, not thinking anything old would be in it.....the heart rate went up when I got home and opened it though
September 07, 2015 02:42AM
Rod-PA Wrote:
> Keith Southern Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Silver dollars a tough to find but very much
> > worth the Effort..
> >
> > Im sure your pulse rate at time of find can
> attest
> > to that!!!!
> >
> > Congrats!!
> >
> > Keith
>
>
> Actually Keith I just put it in my finds bag
> without opening it since it was vinyl, not
> thinking anything old would be in it.....the heart
> rate went up when I got home and opened it though

Ahh.. delayed thrill!!!!

that's awesome too!!!

I relive mine with you for a second if I may!

STILL MAKES ME SMILE TO THINK ABOUT IT!!!!!

I was riding my my 4wheeler out scouting with a buddy of mine...

We were looking for Older House sites to hunt along a Advance route for the soldiers...there had been skirmishing on this old forgotten road back int he woods that only deer hunters traveled now....

I was in the back my buddy was in front adn i noticed a rock lying sort of on the edge of the road... the foundation type homestead rocks...I stop lok into the woods and its just pines and see a small hump....I yell for my buddy to stop and say HOUSESITE!!!

He comes back and we get the machines out and step off the old dirt trail into the wooded area....I was running my New Fisher ID Edge that day.Zero disc...so I could hear the iron ...Well sure enough there was the familiar sound of the small quick abrubt Burp Burp Burp of nails....I say to my Buddy Im sure this is a house..cant see the well hole but theres a small pile of rocks left from the chimney probably...the site had probably been scoured fo rocks for another newer house somewhere else wich is a common practice in this neck of the woods...but the constant machien gun nail assured it was a House site...

first targets a Toe tap....Then a .58 caliber Williams cleaner.. then a dropped 3 ringer..then a dead lock 36 I.D. that was loud and solid...

I thought what reads 36 except huge iron( 36 is as high at it will read)....But then I said this is no iron...To Tight!

I took my entrenching tool and cut into the ground then flipped the red clay clod out fo the hole.. scanned the hole and no signal...I thne looked down at the clod an roled it wiht my foot...AND There in the edge of the hard as a brick red clay I saw the reeded edge of a coin quite LARGE...I said OH MY that's a Dollar....I yelled for my buddy to come and we saw it come loose form its tomb together..I was shaing and saying I Know its a seated Dollar to my buddy....I saw the back of the dollar first.. and it was an eagle...and Im thinking to myself whys the eagle wings sticking up instead of down------maybe im thinking backwards I thought...To scared to turn it over I did and it seems like forever as I turned it and then I saw Liberty looking at me but she was not sitting down it was just the huge bust of her in my face taking up the whole coin....then the Date 1892 ...I said it's a DANG!! MORGAN...I 'slumped' for a split second then the RUSH came back...Heck I did not care it was a SILVER DOLLAR..

And I can honestly say that the Silver dollar to me come's in a Very very close second to my C.S.A. Belt buckle in terms of close to having a heart attack moment...

The thrill is something that cant be described...and I know you have it right now...This is the reason we spend countless hours in the field to scratch itmes of the BUCKET LIST as you say..I was on cloud nine for awhile...I hope to have that rush again one day and I hope you and everyone that hunts get to experience those RUSHES agan and again!!Tight now its goign to take a gold coin for me ...

Im very happy for you SIR!!!!

relish these moment's..They will last a lifetime..

P.S. I do wish the '9' im my date would of just been tunred upside down into a '6' Dang it ...LOL ...Just kidding...Well sort of!

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
September 07, 2015 03:35AM
Way to hunt you may want to try the f19

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
September 07, 2015 11:55AM
Lawrenzo Wrote:
> Way to hunt you may want to try the f19

Lawrenzo, I borrowed Ozzie's old F75 for a month or so this summer and was really starting to like it. I am not in a position to buy another detector unless I sell my cz6a but we will see what is available by the time I am able
September 07, 2015 12:39PM
That's a spectacular grab man! I would've needed new shorts for sure,I get stupidly excited over a Merc...of ANY year! I have found 5 silver in one small area but none of them were THAT big! Gotta love those Peace Dollars,my buddy has one and also my boss,they're a gas to hold cuz they're so stupidly huge! Love that half also,those two are certainly on my bucket list. In 5 years I still haven't found a stinkin silver half of ANY kind. Other people find them like I find Mercs...very slowly but quite regularly. Oh well,onward and downward.
What a find!!smiling smiley

Kevin
September 07, 2015 01:43PM
Nice Rod. A big fat silver dollar IS a heart stopper for sure.