Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

My New Old Machine OR Old New Machine!?

This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
My New Old Machine OR Old New Machine!?
September 26, 2015 03:39PM
Either way = it's cool!

And I'm taking her out for a spin in about 5 minutes here = Sovereign GT with Ron's 180 meter attached grinning smiley

Will report back with any finds/etc.

Re: My New Old Machine OR Old New Machine!?
September 26, 2015 04:02PM
"Ouch!
That's gonna be one heavy beast!
And, not so good in heavy trash.
But, I do like the meter.
I've a few Genuine DTI meters for sale if you need one?"
September 26, 2015 05:22PM
Never found the Sov to be a good land machine, but it was killer in AM at the beach.
September 26, 2015 07:04PM
GO GET 'EM WAYNE!!!-----Oughta be a b.c. lovin mamma!
September 26, 2015 08:00PM
Nice. Most of my finds came from a Sovereign. With the 8" coil was digging IH's at 11". I liked it on land. Use the Sovereign wiggle to get best id. You will get good hits on the edge of iron sometimes. Just pinpoint and see will see the target is moved from where you got a hit. An awesome detector. Can be hipmounted and is light. Also can put the box in a small backpack and go in the water to almost chest deep.
September 26, 2015 09:24PM
Like most Minelab's have the best tones in the business! They actually balance pretty well with the housing under the arm cup. A classic rite up there with Fisher CZ's.
September 26, 2015 11:23PM
Fantastic land machine. Dude, I ran with a group of explorer users for years, and kicked their butt many times...and never feltoutgunned. I used the old white 12 inch sunray and 5 inch sunray coils, and the coinsearch coils. Gotta go SLOW and scrub the ground. Once you got the tones down, look out. Sucks in heavy nails.
September 26, 2015 11:47PM
Whelp = nothing really good today

but

I LOVE MINELAB MACHINES/TONES!

I don't think there's a machine on the planet that compares to the sound a high end ML puts out smiling smiley

Just like the Excal 1000 I had many moons ago grinning smiley

September 27, 2015 12:24AM
You didn't get skunked & you got to be on a beautiful beach to boot.----Life is good!!