Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

How good is your detector in thick iron?

Posted by calabash digger 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
How good is your detector in thick iron?
March 30, 2018 05:05PM
I use the AT GOLD, XP DEUS ,EQUINOX 800 , AND F 75 in a simple but telling test. check it out and tell me how I didn't do it right...spinning smiley sticking its tongue out test....
Re: How good is your detector in thick iron?
March 30, 2018 05:39PM
I've got an early 1970s Compass 77b that is this good: I can put a quarter on the front seat of a 1964 Chevrolet Belair. And then turn on the detector, and GET THE QUARTER from outside the door of the car. Can your detector do that ?? smoking smiley
March 30, 2018 05:54PM
My Multi Kruzer and Racer 2 are awesome in heavy iron thumbs down
March 30, 2018 05:58PM
Tom_in_CA Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I've got an early 1970s Compass 77b that is this g
> ood: I can put a quarter on the front seat of a 1
> 964 Chevrolet Belair. And then turn on the detect
> or, and GET THE QUARTER from outside the door of t
> he car. Can your detector do that ?? smoking smiley

Noooo, my detector won't do that Tom---and I've got THE BEST THEY IS!!!!!!------Is that with the Chevy running ---or off???----Get explicit will ya!!!!!smiling bouncing smileywinking smiley
March 30, 2018 06:09PM
D&P-OR Wrote:

>is that with the Chevy running ---or off???----Get explicit will ya!!!
> !!smiling bouncing smileywinking smiley

Come on D....everyone knows it has more to do with the windows being up or down then it does the engine running.
March 30, 2018 06:12PM
Sorry,but I called my wife in BEFORE you pulled the curtain back and she said there was at LEAST 3 objects that the 75 picked up. I don't call her Cat Ears for nuttin.
March 30, 2018 06:27PM
Maybe you guys with super ears could here but it took the Deus and Equinox to make it plain to me.
March 30, 2018 06:28PM
Get a Deeptech Gain and you'll see some unmasking..Though it will take a bit to know what to dig and not what to dig,

Also the latest rendition of the T2+ is stellar at unmasking..Best of the series..I assume the F75+ also has these attributes.

The Kruzer and Impact are also excellent at unmasking...

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
March 30, 2018 06:29PM
My detector can find a confederate button in a bag of potting soil from home depot!! Can yours do that... BTW it can also tell me how much the potting soil cost from tone alone!!
March 30, 2018 06:51PM
calabash digger Wrote:
> Maybe you guys with super ears could here but it t
> ook the Deus and Equinox to make it plain to me.
Nope--I have a 60+ % hearing loss in my GOOD ear and I called it at least 3 with the 75.

Are you trying to prove how good the Nox is or how Bad the 75 is??
March 30, 2018 07:18PM
Calabash, I would like to see how the Nox handles the real thick trash. How about a video of the nox at the old ice cream shop or even the 1870 house site. Thanks!
March 30, 2018 07:19PM
Thanks Calcbash for another look into the abilities of the Equinox to separate targets. Keep the videos coming. Hows your friend with the nox 600 liking it?
March 30, 2018 07:23PM
I got his 600 because he just got his 800 in. I will have a video up later of the 600 verse the F75 with the 13 inch ultimate coil for depth.....and another test.
March 30, 2018 07:24PM
F75 is a legendary detector... The question is has it been outclassed by the new release. The answer is time will tell...doc holiday Wrote:
> calabash digger Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Maybe you guys with super ears could here but it
> t
> > ook the Deus and Equinox to make it plain to me.
> Nope--I have a 60+ % hearing loss in my GOOD ear
> and I called it at least 3 with the 75.
>
> Are you trying to prove how good the Nox is or how
> Bad the 75 is??

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/30/2018 07:24PM by calabash digger.
March 30, 2018 07:33PM
We have seen videos posted here by other folks.
I don't remember these people getting ask, what's your mission, make one detector look bad or make another one look good.
Fact is there are differences in detecfor models.
And videos can be used to show.

We have even read here here the host in his posting of I think Makro Racer detector point out Racer series was separating better than F75.
So the truth shouldn't hurt should it.

There is room on this forum for more than one or 2 folks to post and share videos.

Besides a person has to start somewhere.

I have brought up what his video was showing.
Meaning you don't really even need nonferrous really to get some good indications of how good or bad a detector is at separating and or unmasking.

Just one test (pass or fail) don't make or break a detecfor either in metal detector land. Multiple passes or fails though depending should tell us something though.
March 30, 2018 07:33PM
calabash digger Wrote:
> My detector can find a confederate button in a bag
> of potting soil from home depot!! Can yours do tha
> t... BTW it can also tell me how much the potting
> soil cost from tone alone!!

Glad to see you know when we make comments like the Chevy with the engine running we are just busting em....and that we appreciate the time and effort spent on the videos.

I would send you my DeepTech unit but I just got it and want to spend some time with it, but Keith is correct in that it is a super un-masker in iron. Big coil, small coil..it don't matter. The separation abilities in all types of target conditions is unreal as well. Recovery speed is amazing.

BUT...you need to get your ears trained on the audio. That's why I need time on it, because the audio on this unit is very unique. Running 2 tone and adjusting the gain, sensitivity and iron volume to the site conditions is what makes this thing a monster in iron.
March 30, 2018 07:35PM
Lol my Tesoro Mojave and Tejon with 5.75 concentric coils don't sound off on the nails in that test but if you stick a coin in the middle of them BAM! I've cleaned the site out of all couns and have moved on to the next site while your trying to eek out the 1 or 2 coins I missed out of 20! HA

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/30/2018 07:39PM by Welgund.
March 30, 2018 07:46PM
Yeah that's what the last guy said too. I pulled a confederate A button from his tracks...lol Don't forget the cob, reale, trime, half dime, coppers, large cents and all the other good finds I have found eeking just the last few out...cool smiley . BTW how can you be so sure you cleaning a site out have you ever put another detector on one of you so called cleaned out sites??? Other than a Tesoro? I saw Keiths video of the tejon and how it clicked and popped on iron.... No thank you ill take a pass on that ONE tone machine. If tesoro would ever come into present day time with a 2 tone machine I would check one out for relics but until then ill pass on that deal..

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/30/2018 07:51PM by calabash digger.
March 30, 2018 08:21PM
The clicks and pops on the square nails is where you want the disc set for optimum unmasking. If you get a solid beep in all the clicks and pops it's non ferrous. You dig it. The Tesoro ed 120 and 180 disc along with the small concentric coil in heavy nails and period trash is rivaled by very few. It isn't fooled by flat tin and period trash once you learn the tesoro language. I have had many sites over the years that I have taken new machines back to that I had hit first with a good Tesoro and none of them have produced what that tesoro did the first time through. In some cases nothing at all. Not saying that the new machines wouldn't see everything a tesoro does but mental fatigue takes over after awhile with all the noise going on. Ever notice how most of your good finds occur within the first couple hours? There is something to be said about silent search. Allows you to go all day just digging the good beeps and covering more ground without leaving much behind.
March 30, 2018 09:01PM
Welgund Wrote:
> The clicks and pops on the square nails is where y
> ou want the disc set for optimum unmasking. If yo
> u get a solid beep in all the clicks and pops it's
> non ferrous. You dig it. The Tesoro ed 120 and 18
> 0 disc along with the small concentric coil in hea
> vy nails and period trash is rivaled by very few.
> It isn't fooled by flat tin and period trash once
> you learn the tesoro language. I have had many si
> tes over the years that I have taken new machines
> back to that I had hit first with a good Tesoro an
> d none of them have produced what that tesoro did
> the first time through. In some cases nothing at
> all. Not saying that the new machines wouldn't se
> e everything a tesoro does but mental fatigue take
> s over after awhile with all the noise going on.
> Ever notice how most of your good finds occur with
> in the first couple hours? There is something to
> be said about silent search. Allows you to go all
> day just digging the good beeps and covering more
> ground without leaving much behind.

2xs that thumbs down

Hard to beat the vaquero or a modded cibola or tejon in iron.

And as for a 2 tone tejon = from what I understand the vista gold gain took that title PLUS some which is why I’m in the market for one myself thumbs down

Until I get one though - my Deus is all I need for heavy iron sifting to squeak out stuff others miss/left behind even though I’ve had/used many others including the Tesoro’s, almost every Makro/nokta made, f19s, T2c, gold bug pro, AT Pro, and several others just in the last 10 yrs.

I’m Also in the market for a Multi Kruzer for certain sites/applications and will be adding it to the tool shed too.

A tool for every job/no “1” machine is ever going to do it all/everything on every site for all targets/etc!
March 30, 2018 09:09PM
I agree with Welgund, my wife bought a new Tesoro Toltec ll back in 1995, she put a whup'n on me and my White's XLT. The difference in performance was the fact that the Tesoro was a slow motion, quick response and fast recovery speed machine. The XLT was a faster swing motion detector that excelled in depth and accurate target ID with it's VDI discrimination, just did not do well in the nails.
March 30, 2018 09:18PM
I enjoy the videos on the Nox but I'm not sure what they are trying to prove. That it's really good? It's almost like the boy wanting someone else to fail so he can feel good about yourself. I think everyone knows that the Nox is a good detector. I'm sure I'd enjoy it and find it everything it's purported to be. But your videos are very defensive like you own a share of Minelab, which I'm pretty sure you don't. If it turns out to be the best detector ever built, then eventually everyone will own one and nothing else. But over the last 50 years I've amassed a pretty good collection with everything from the Jetco to the detectors I currently use. And they've all found me good stuff. All the ones you tested will too.
March 30, 2018 09:20PM
MRH, I know what you mean. I called up Richard all ready to buy a Gold Gain and he said one was coming but was somewhere in Europe. Said he had a new makro multi Kruzer he could sell me for a good deal because he used it to test a couple of times so I bought it instead. Will get a gain sometime this year though, should sell a couple of detectors first though. Have 13 of them and can only use one at a time. Have 2 sovereigns should sell one and probably an F75 ltd.
March 30, 2018 10:56PM
I have several that allow me to cherry pick the iron. Non made in the USA>
March 30, 2018 11:05PM
calabash digger Wrote:
> I got his 600 because he just got his 800 in. I wi
> ll have a video up later of the 600 verse the F75
> with the 13 inch ultimate coil for depth.....and a
> nother test.

I would like to see some tests between the EQ600 and the EQ800, they’re not exactly the same.
March 31, 2018 01:34AM
will do. As for what I'm trying to prove ???? Just comparing machines. As for the defensive part put you some test videos of head to head and you will see where I'm coming from. I just like doing head to head videos but somebodys feathers always get ruffled..
March 31, 2018 01:38AM
Whats does a challenge target sound like on that machine? How do you know a pop or squeak isn't a masked non ferrous trying to come thru? Will nox or deus you might get a clipped higher tone or mid tone to make you say wait a minute. How does a iffy sound on a Tejon?? Welgund Wrote:
> The clicks and pops on the square nails is where y
> ou want the disc set for optimum unmasking. If yo
> u get a solid beep in all the clicks and pops it's
> non ferrous. You dig it. The Tesoro ed 120 and 18
> 0 disc along with the small concentric coil in hea
> vy nails and period trash is rivaled by very few.
> It isn't fooled by flat tin and period trash once
> you learn the tesoro language. I have had many si
> tes over the years that I have taken new machines
> back to that I had hit first with a good Tesoro an
> d none of them have produced what that tesoro did
> the first time through. In some cases nothing at
> all. Not saying that the new machines wouldn't se
> e everything a tesoro does but mental fatigue take
> s over after awhile with all the noise going on.
> Ever notice how most of your good finds occur with
> in the first couple hours? There is something to
> be said about silent search. Allows you to go all
> day just digging the good beeps and covering more
> ground without leaving much behind.
March 31, 2018 01:44AM
Shenandoah Digger Wrote:
> I enjoy the videos on the Nox but I'm not sure wha
> t they are trying to prove. That it's really good
> ? It's almost like the boy wanting someone else t
> o fail so he can feel good about yourself. I thin
> k everyone knows that the Nox is a good detector.
> I'm sure I'd enjoy it and find it everything it's
> purported to be. But your videos are very defensi
> ve like you own a share of Minelab, which I'm pret
> ty sure you don't. If it turns out to be the best
> detector ever built, then eventually everyone will
> own one and nothing else. But over the last 50 ye
> ars I've amassed a pretty good collection with eve
> rything from the Jetco to the detectors I currentl
> y use. And they've all found me good stuff. All
> the ones you tested will too.

How about "Thanks for sharing this with us" ???
Why the hell would you want to discourage the hard work of anyone who is attempting to provide information that most people would not have the opportunity to experience ???
Why would you disparage anyone who is attempting to help us understand a new metal detector ???

Up to my ____ in Pulltabs, Grant
March 31, 2018 01:55AM
Well my detector is a T2+ and with the 5" coil and NEL Sharpshooter Coil it picks through the iron pretty dag gone good. It's all I need or want in a iron infested site.
March 31, 2018 02:04AM
If that's all you want and need then good for you.