Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Field Testing Explorer XS -- Not Surprised

This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Field Testing Explorer XS -- Not Surprised
October 14, 2015 11:34PM
By the fact that it acts, walks, talks just like all Minelab FBS machines.

Talk about NOT being CTX balanced/ergonomic though -- feels like swinging a 20 lb bowling ball with the WOT installed!

But - rest assured - "depth" IS all that and then some with this set up grinning smiley

Anyone know what the "hitch" looking thing is?? It's like copper or brass??

Dug some of this stuff at nearly 2 ft deep!

Re: Field Testing Explorer XS -- Not Surprised
October 15, 2015 12:03AM
Very cool, I may have to break down and try FBS some day ..... I believe the hitch looking thing is one of those things they stuck in bags to get a sample of product.... could be wrong though.

Wayne
October 15, 2015 12:41AM
Looks like part of a work horse harness.
[metaldetectingforum.com]

or maybe an andiron?
[www.gcsweep.com]

But I think harness part...I've found similar.

Hope this helps...if the images came through.

Charles
October 15, 2015 01:20AM
Yep MRH, your setup looks like a depth monster. Gotta love the higher conductor tone on the XS.
October 15, 2015 01:25AM
LOL>>>Wayne...

Where have you been the last couple of decades...

EXPLORER XS's ARE CARZY DEEP...

The hitch thing is off the end of a Hames for horses

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
October 15, 2015 03:18AM
Keith Southern Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> LOL>>>Wayne...
>
> Where have you been the last couple of decades...
>
> EXPLORER XS's ARE CARZY DEEP...
>
> The hitch thing is off the end of a Hames for
> horses
>
> Keith

LoL

You gotta remember Keith

back in the day of the "explorers"

I was a CZ fan!

I had/used 1 of my CZ's for 18 yrs straight and never used a ML except an Excal in about 2004/2005

Was also a big Garrett user from waaaaayyyy back (ADS models and such) before becoming a Fisher fan!
October 15, 2015 03:27AM
I confess, I've been living in a cave for 20 years. I did get a CZ6a recently so that must count for something....... enjoy both of you gents videos BTW. smiling smiley

Best regards, Wayne
October 15, 2015 03:56AM
Yes the CZs are the ones to beat for deep target I.D. on say a coin....

yet the XS is right there with it day in and day out for I.D. at depth..

Were the XS reall shines is forget the Visual I.D. and go for that Flutey high tone tinker bell audio hit...it may read anything on the screen but the tone is screaming dig me up.....

and thats where the JAW DROPPING depth will come into being on the XS...

Ive never dug deeper in disc than I did with an XS....and to say the depths I dug say .58 caliber 3 rinegrs at I would be accused of lying...

but in certain spot's here in my area I would go to hunted out camps back in 2000 and dig bullets out of the camps lying on the hardpan past the plow zone...and the plow zone was 12-14 inches so throw a couple more inches on that to get to were the stuff stopped sinking....

I went back to some of those spots over the years as they got bulldozed for modern development and dug very very little at exposed dirt depth...

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/15/2015 04:07AM by Keith Southern.
October 15, 2015 04:17AM
Charles (Sabre)(Tx) Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Looks like part of a work horse harness.
> [metaldetectingforum.com]
> chmentid=120045&stc=1&d=1319062702
>
> or maybe an andiron?
> [www.gcsweep.com]
>
> But I think harness part...I've found similar.

I've not found them, but I remember seeing them on a mule's harness.
Anybody else here remember seeing them in use?

Wayne

Pleasant Garden, NC
AT Max, Nokta Impact, MX Sport, Nokta FORS Relic, GPX 4800, Infinium, Racer, Deus, F75SE, Nautilus DMC II (order of acquisition, last to first)

Does an archeologist argue with a plow? A bureaucrat with a bulldozer?
October 15, 2015 05:02AM
I mentioned in my earlier post what it is..

Its the end off a Hames...

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
October 15, 2015 01:59PM
Having used the Xs-11-se-se pro find the early models such as XS-11 are indeed depth demons, but still feel coil for coil a CZ is a tad deeper....
October 15, 2015 03:13PM
I took mine to the old home place that I had hunted hard a month or so ago with the Tejon and Racer. I found one deep copper penny, some more modern clad, and several really deep screwcaps in the same spot I was hunting with the other machines. What is interesting..with the other two, I had them set to just knock a nail out and was digging every signal that repeated, especially those in the 80s on the Racer. I was being plagued with aluminum bits and pieces with the Racer. With the XS, I was only digging coin sounding tones....cherry picking at its best. The only coil I'm not super fond of thus far is the 4x7 Excelerator. I hunted with it the other day at this same place and came up empty handed of any keeper and was chasing iffy signals just to have something to dig. Everything I dug was no deeper than 3 inches. I'm not sure if it is getting good depth. The stock coil and NEL Hunter both are fairly deep. The Hunter would be my primary coil IF it weighed less than the stock 10" coil like I was hoping for. It does not...the Hunter is actually heavier on my scales...and that 10" stock coil is not lightweight.
October 15, 2015 04:45PM
Not an Explorer but I have been using the Sunray X5 on my Etrac and cant really say enough about it. Its been to dry to really hunt but my back yard is as good of place to try out a small coil as any.
I have several targets marked ready to dig if it ever rains. Most show to be in the 6" to 7" range.

I have tested it on my 8" dime and my 6" on edge dime. It hits the 8" well enough to make you want to dig and really bangs the 6"on edge one.

I am impressed with both it and the 8" and waiting on arrival of a X12.
October 15, 2015 06:24PM
I had a WOT on my SE Pro for a while and it was an arm load! I swung my CZ3D the other day with the 10.5 for 6 hours and was fine if that says anything!

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie