Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

What makes the Deus do what it does in iron vs many others???

Posted by tnsharpshooter 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
What makes the Deus do what it does in iron vs many others???
October 26, 2015 04:23AM
For those that have used Xp gold maxx how does it stack up in the heavy iron/nails use vs Deus???? Coil size for coil size....

Does the wireless part of the Deus play any part in its superb performance in iron for its coil size(s)??

And this silencer setting???? I find it strange that supposed filter off is -1 setting..... Why not use zero (0)????? Is the silencer application/design a contributor for the Deus' performance for coil size in iron??

Are the Xp coils special---doing something different than the rest aside from being self powered by its own battery???

Are other detectors seeing what the Deus is but are unable to report----a time difference factor.

And the ground balance circuit----are some designs better than others when it comes to hunting in heavy iron. And the system the Deus utilizes-------Is this part or the main reason why it acts like it does on larger iron. Granted I've even seen the F75 alert on larger iron, but Deus seems to alert moreso.
And is this tied with what I've read----a top notched seperator/unmasker in iron tends to alert on looped or curled pieces of ferrous material moreso.

Is the Deus processing a separate ground signal vs using an offset of sorts???

Since I have not run all detectors or as many as some that frequent this forum have, what other detector(s) come the closest with 9" coils installed to Xp Deus for hunting in heavy iron????

Inquiring minds want to know the why(s) behind the Xp Deus.
And has its small size maybe been one of the reasons why this detectors' operation hasn't been able to be examined fully and understood?????

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/26/2015 04:31AM by tnsharpshooter.
Re: What makes the Deus do what it does in iron vs many others???
October 26, 2015 08:42AM
tnss ........ I have a XP GMP Field Test & XP DEUS Field Test thread/report on this forum that will answer most of your (right-on-target) questions.
October 26, 2015 11:31PM
For those that have used Xp gold maxx how does it stack up in the heavy iron/nails use vs Deus???? Coil size for coil size....Same to almost nil Difference

Does the wireless part of the Deus play any part in its superb performance in iron for its coil size(s)??Not that I notice

And this silencer setting???? I find it strange that supposed filter off is -1 setting..... Why not use zero (0)????? Is the silencer application/design a contributor for the Deus' performance for coil size in iron??Its negative one because its actually indicating your in the realm of abundant signal BLEED...0 is more like a Noisy unit but Negative one is lettign the operator know your deep into the noise threshold......Yes the silncer is a major part of the unmasking and aaslo applys to it unmasking with a larger coil

Are the Xp coils special---doing something different than the rest aside from being self powered by its own battery???Im sure the coils are not that SPECIAL what is special is the way the information passed from the coil is processed.the XP GMP coil is not battery dependant

Are other detectors seeing what the Deus is but are unable to report----a time difference factor.Actually the DTVG is seeing what the DEUS/GMP does in my testing...Proving its not coil design but applied signal processing..

And the ground balance circuit----are some designs better than others when it comes to hunting in heavy iron. And the system the Deus utilizes-------Is this part or the main reason why it acts like it does on larger iron. Granted I've even seen the F75 alert on larger iron, but Deus seems to alert moreso.
And is this tied with what I've read----a top notched seperator/unmasker in iron tends to alert on looped or curled pieces of ferrous material moreso.DD coils inherently are fooled by looped or curled pieces of iron and or flat iron moreso than concentric coils and also higher freqs coupled to DD's add to the dismay...The ground bal circuit the GMP/DEUS uses is not of normal U.S. designs.. its still phase shift but its almost in alot of ways a disc circuit cancelling the soil...I feel maybe there is no raw signal ground bal like on most units where you ground bal to the all metal channel then flip to disc to hunt.. I believe there is no all metal channel its just a disc circuit that is gound balanced in a pure disc circuit..a VLF metal detector examines the amount of phase shift, using a pair of electronic circuits called phase demodulators, and compares it with the average for a particular type of metal so I lean to believe the GMP balances after disc not before in a single channel all metal mode.. When you change the ground bal you have to change the disc setting for say a nail.. and this is the reason why I feel..

Is the Deus processing a separate ground signal vs using an offset of sorts???I talked abut this in the last

Since I have not run all detectors or as many as some that frequent this forum have, what other detector(s) come the closest with 9" coils installed to Xp Deus for hunting in heavy iron????DTVG

Inquiring minds want to know the why(s) behind the Xp Deus.
And has its small size maybe been one of the reasons why this detectors' operation hasn't been able to be examined fully and understood?????Oh its been studied im most certain..and im sure its understood...Its not alien technology..Its technology that for what it does it does it well..unmasking iron and unmasking bad soil.. this is where the Ground bal and the way the machine Bleeds signal's comes into play..If a machine is too aggresive to bad soil in terms of filtering soil noise then it will not signal targets it that soil.Especially low condcutors and or small items..Soil can be as srong as a nail or stronger in masking.but if you have a unit that allows the noise of the soil to somewhat be heard then theres a chance the targets intermingled with the soil can break through..Take the DEUS and run the silencer up to say 2 or 3 in real bad dirt and watch the targets dissapear...This is what most VLF's do they run quiet but they mask in bad soil..we can over come some of this on VLF by power balancing the units...

What is power balancing??? well it's when we Ignore the all metal channel ideal setting for proper ground bal and use ground bal that better allows the disc circuit to be NOISY..We do this in bad soil by turning the ground bal CCW while in disc mode and bobbing the coil up and down till some nosie creeps in on the bobbing add a DD coil to a machien wiht a Concentric and we can get a little deeper into the CCW range thus having less filtering of ground signal...You will reach a point to where the machine is unstable then you move it back up enough for stability but still slight ground noise pips and pops..now we can see into the soil a bit better in disc mode youll find if you have mineral..yet pinpoint wil be rendered useless..This is why I fel the gorund bal on a DTVG GMP etc do not rely on even bothering to balance the pre disc part of a signal.. it just balances in disc and its power balanced like this for lack of better words...

In essence every time you ground bal a GMP or a DTVG you are Power balancing it...Your setting the ground bal to be favorable for the disc circuit to punch soil not the all metal single channel to be of use...plus these units have a whole lot less filtering taking place in the disc circuit.. so we start to see mineral punch and we start to also see better iron unmasking as a result since the units are less filtered...

A Racer to me is the marriage of a T2 and a GMP....It has the T2 type hyper feel but it has the GMP Bleed and Blend...No wonder its being so succesful..two of the best mahcines built in the last decade a T2 and a GMP for site work..

Ok that's all I can input for now..and its all just my opinion and heck it may not even be right ..

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
October 27, 2015 12:11AM
Some good theories Keith on the Deus operation.

This unusual GB circuit the detector seems to utilize.

Would it be a reasonable statement to say, maybe the GB circuit utilized with XP Deus is one reason the unit seems hard/difficult to keep tuned when in AM???

I don't have a lot of AM Deus experience, what little I have----the bugger is a bear to keep tuned!!!!!
October 27, 2015 12:34AM
I stay out of all metal on the DEUS..

Grab a 5900 for that..

I cant comment...

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla