Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

A little CW site hunt

Posted by tnsharpshooter 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
A little CW site hunt
October 31, 2015 11:24PM
Hunted for 5.5 hours with Deus w/9" coil.

First real hunt of the season. My arm hurts even after using the might light Deus. With some conditioning I will get better.

Will be taking the ATX to this site. Should be some good deep finds.

Re: A little CW site hunt
October 31, 2015 11:33PM
Nice finds TN - congrats!!!

TwistedT
Fisher F2 & F5 * Garrett ATP * Fisher F Pinpointer * Garrett Pro-Pointer * Lesche Digger
October 31, 2015 11:40PM
Nice thumbs down

That little finiel with the green patina is cool too!
October 31, 2015 11:59PM
That's the second finiel I've dug at this site. The first one was dug I know less than 20 yards of this one. Of course with the first one I didn't know what I had---not so CW relic smart.

What are the finiels metal content?? The reason I asked, the first one I dug was a screamer----text book tone. The one I dug today--had the tone but after listening to it I would have bet the farm it was iron. Tone very honkish when swept. I even turned on my iron volume and swept the hole after recovery---no hint of any iron.

I talked to a gent here locally a few months ago---he's been detecting since 78. He said they are pretty rare finds. I think someone on this forum said when I posted my pic with the first finiel. They commented they hadn't dug one in years.
November 01, 2015 12:32AM
Brass usually

on CW sites they're from the cartridge boxes I believe
November 01, 2015 02:01AM
Glad to see your out and about tn. Congratz on the saves! About time to hit the old property down this way again when you get some time.

Tom
November 01, 2015 02:16AM
Would like to Tom. Before I come let me get a bit more acclimated so I can hold out on maybe an all dayer. Besides a little more cold to nestle the grass/weeds/hay in the fields/yards will help some.

BTW have you obtained the smaller coil for your Blisstool V5????? If so what are your thoughts???? I'm awfully close to pulling trigger on a V6. Paul's comments seem promising. Would like to hear the real deal on the Nokta Impact performance though.
November 01, 2015 03:40PM
Nice finds

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
November 01, 2015 07:24PM
J-hook, bullets, harmonica reed piece.......VERY well done, TNS!!!!