Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Equinox 800 silver or coin programs

Posted by Mccrorysjewelry2 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Equinox 800 silver or coin programs
April 03, 2018 06:48PM
Okay everyone question? I'm try in set up a silver cherry pick program and coin program with the Equinox 800. In a trashy or iron site which would make silvers pop out more. 5 tones or 50 tones? Also which would give you the least amount of iron falsing? I have been using Park 2 and 5 tones. Iron Bias on 2 or 3. But noticed I was getting some iron falsing off of deep iron targets. When I switched over to 50 tones I was able to pick out the dimes and quarters from all the trash and iron. Didn't seem to false as much as 5 tones. All coins wasn't real deep. Wondering what deeper silver targets sound like in 50 tones vs 5 tones in trash or iron or even cleaner ground? Anyone?
Re: Equinox 800 silver or coin programs
April 03, 2018 08:15PM
Try Park 2 in 2 tone. Iron bias 2. The falsing went way down for me from using 5 tone. I didn't try 50 tone.

Rick
April 03, 2018 09:13PM
You have more control in 5 Tones because you can set the tone and volume for your desired targets..
I set up a cherry picking program for curb strip hunting on my User Mode where everything 18 and up is the highest tone and volume..
Everything below that is tone 1 with real low volume.. All those signals, including a lot of the falsing will come across as a quiet puttering sound..
This allows me to find everything from Indian heads through the entire silver range..

Bryan

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/03/2018 09:15PM by Cabin Fever.
April 03, 2018 11:11PM
I did like what Bryan suggested. Works well.

Dean
April 04, 2018 02:06PM
Here is the reason I ask if 5 tones or 50 tones would work better for silver cherry picking or a coin program. In a 5 tone program if you set it up to high tone on everything lets say from 18 and up aren't you going to dig more junk vs using 50 tones? If I am in a site that has lots of trash or iron and I'm looking for coins and I have a pretty good ideal what vdi numbers come up for certain coin targets give or take the numbers based on ground condition and depth will it be easier to laser in on those targets in 50 tones? Even in a less trashy area where you are looking for silver vs pennies would 50 tones give you a advantage over 5 tones? If 2 people was hunting the same yard and both were looking for silver. One using 5 tones. The other 50 tones. Which would have a better chance at find the most silver at the end of the day? Would the guy using 5 tones end up with more pennies and other targets than the guy that used 50 tones and spent his time going after certain high tones that are close to or normally come in as a silver coin? I have only tried 5 tones and plan on trying 50 tones. Just wanted to see if anyone has tried both and which seemed to work better. Thanks
April 04, 2018 04:08PM
I hunt in park 2, multi, 50 tones, speed 5/6, and iron bias at 3. One thing I have noticed is that coins at a depth of 10-11 inches produce no depth reading and an occasional high tone.
Even if I get it one way it’s a high tone and vdi (28-35) high I dig. As NASA Tom has said you need to “scrub” the grass/soil to get maximum depth.
Iron is choppy and very jumpy normally when I have came across deep bent nails.

XP Deus
Minelab Etrac
Minelab Equinox 800
Garrett Carrot
22 silvers, 2 silver rings, 1 Gold Ring -YTD 2018

Some of my random digs: [www.youtube.com]
April 04, 2018 04:11PM
( Mccrorysjewlery2 wrote) “I have only tried 5 tones and plan on trying 50 tones. Just wanted to see if anyone has tried both and which seemed to work better. Thanks”

I have and do use both.. I primarily hunt in 50 Tones while park hunting but when I get in to a parking strip which is a nightmare
of modern trash, and I want to cherry pick, I use the 5 Tone program in my above post.. You can’t miss the high tone
on coins and you will dig almost no trash...

Besides zincs, you will have to dig pennies to get silver.. Silver dimes and copper pennies overlap..
I have dug Silver dimes in the low 20s with the Equinox..The reason I go as low as 18 is to get the Indians..
I use depth for discrimination while doing this type of hunting.. The surface zincs and clad will double beep and scream while pinpointed..

If I was in a silver competition like you mentioned above, I would run 2 or 5 tones.
Everything 22 and up would be the highest tone and volume.. everything below, including iron would be Tone pitch 1 and very low volume..
I like to hear everything under my coil.. I would ignore all surface targets and only dig the deeper coin signals in that range..
Depth of old coins can vary by site and within the site so you will have to judge that yourself..

Bryan

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 04/04/2018 05:08PM by Cabin Fever.