Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Influence

Posted by 1ptr58 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Influence
December 08, 2015 01:30AM
I'm up here in Canada thinking about metal detectors. It dawned on me how easy it is to get caught up and be influenced by other people's success on this forum. Sometimes I tend to forget the importance of getting the right machine for the type of hunting one does. As much as I want to believe machine such and such is awesome up here I know it likely isn't. Tom was kind enough to provide some guidance around fresh water machines. It was eye opening and humbling to have it clearly stated and explained why a cheaper machine like a tiger shark is a real good machine for freshwater hunting. Looking at our clad coinage all steel coated and id' ing all over the map I can't help but think I need to figure the machine I need for that. I love reading about what people are hunting and their successes but what's a guy to do :-). I kind of wish I kept my ctx. But I also wish I had my old Tesoro eldorado. The hunting environment around here is chaotic at best. Perhaps I'll have to consider owning several machines for whatever presents itself. I don't think I'm asking anything here lol, but really just thinking out loud. Love the forum and the people on here are awesome. Merry Christmas. Bob
Re: Influence
December 08, 2015 02:18AM
True a person can drink the wrong flavored Kool-aid if they are not careful.

And sometimes when watching/looking at detector videos, reviews, testing, finds etc...it's what you don't hear or see that is really the more important at times.
December 08, 2015 12:34PM
No serious hunter wants to feel like they are being left behind when a new machine comes out. I guess ive been around long enough to know what works for ME so im not so easily impressed by a couple of NEW buttons to push. I give any new machine time to be out there and used and reviewed by the right people. Im not one to get GLAZED eyes when it comes to new. You can see the influence some peoples opinons can make on even the choice between a new or older version.

Dew
December 08, 2015 01:48PM
sir736 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm up here in Canada thinking about metal
> detectors.

> kind of wish I kept my ctx.

Radioworld has a deal on the CTX right now, includes free 17" and Pro-Find 25....$2400 Cdn ($1765 US)....very good deal IMHO...

here's you chance for another one...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/08/2015 01:51PM by canslawhero.
December 08, 2015 03:38PM
Bob,

Agree. The bug can really get you. Best advice is to articulate your exact hunting interest(s). Many folks will respond. Then........ you can/will see a common pattern develop. Ignore the hype; ...... follow the validated concrete!
December 08, 2015 04:34PM
For me it's all about understanding the hobby seeing where you want to hunt and starting out with a mid priced unit...The racer is a great all around unit for relic hunting

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!