Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Google map overlay info

Posted by tnsharpshooter 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Google map overlay info
December 18, 2015 02:19AM
Some folks may find this useful.

And notice the comments about using ipad.

[metaldetectingforum.com]
Re: Google map overlay info
December 18, 2015 07:29AM
Thanks for the info. I found the second video from the comments very interesting too.

[www.youtube.com]

It shows the Maprika app. I was looking at this app few months ago, but was a little bit irritated because of the "Ski" part. Does anyone know if this app works offline, or do I need an internet connection out in the field?

I could not find any ios app that works offline, except for "Galileo Offline Maps". It does the job, but the way is complicated and time consuming.

Here is a tutorial, in case someone is interested:
[mapit-gis.com]
December 18, 2015 10:34AM
Thanks for the link. I have never used G.E. in that fashion...having bad internet connection really cuts down on a lot of the stuff a person can do/watch. Luckily at my new house, I will have decent internet and can start doing some of this new fangled research stuff. I wish the historic satellite pics site had older pics of my area. It only goes back to the 1990s in images but goes to the 1930s with topo maps...and they have schools, houses, churches, etc on them.
December 18, 2015 02:56PM
During the days this winter when folks have some spare time sitting inside, maybe they can tinker with this a bit.

And maybe develop some new detecting spots they can hit when the weather finally breaks.
December 18, 2015 04:57PM
Maprika is all I use at this point for field work.

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
December 18, 2015 06:44PM
Keith, is it working without internet connection?
December 18, 2015 07:17PM
I love maprika. It has found a couple spots for me now