Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Who metal detects caves???

Posted by tnsharpshooter 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Who metal detects caves???
December 22, 2015 02:53AM
This topic popped up on another forum..
Anyone had any success??

Seems it's possible to find treasure in caves.

[news.discovery.com]
Re: Who metal detects caves???
December 22, 2015 02:56AM
I will detect anyplace that is safe and legal

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
December 22, 2015 03:30PM
Found some beer cans but I haven't done very many caves. Most debris seems to be nearest the entry, which makes sense (TN caves). I would imagine some Civil War caves could be good.
December 22, 2015 03:45PM
Imagine find the right cave and one would excell in finds....My area has some with individuals looking for coal pockets however be careful as always a possibility of cave ins...
Depending on the location can readily see where good finds could be had.....
December 24, 2015 08:43AM
I found an old 1860's stage stop in the middle of the desert, complete with four stone building ruins. It was there because there was a spring, the spring was inside a cave in a stone hill. We went inside the cave and it was cool, old iron spike nailed on the side of the wall to hang your lantern if you went for water after dark I guess. Crystal clear cool water, but never found a thing inside.
December 24, 2015 10:56AM
Local story is that there are 2 cannons hidden in a cave on my property. David Clague owned the land and was a local homebuilder...he followed in his dad's footsteps. He built the house that sat on our land during and after the war, and lived there. Nearly all of the pre civil war houses in the area were built/designed by his dad. After the war, David became a civil war relic collector and specialized in long guns and cannons. It is rumored he hid this stuff in the cave/storm shelter on the land. Someone sealed it up with brick/mortar and dirt in the late 1800s/early 1900s. Time has taken its rounds and the cave entrance is showing again. When I get moved over there, I am breaking down the bricks and going in to see what (if anything) is in there.. There is a big spring that comes out of the ground near it too.
December 24, 2015 12:51PM
Daniel Tn Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Local story is that there are 2 cannons hidden in
> a cave on my property. David Clague owned the land
> and was a local homebuilder...he followed in his
> dad's footsteps. He built the house that sat on
> our land during and after the war, and lived
> there. Nearly all of the pre civil war houses in
> the area were built/designed by his dad. After the
> war, David became a civil war relic collector and
> specialized in long guns and cannons. It is
> rumored he hid this stuff in the cave/storm
> shelter on the land. Someone sealed it up with
> brick/mortar and dirt in the late 1800s/early
> 1900s. Time has taken its rounds and the cave
> entrance is showing again. When I get moved over
> there, I am breaking down the bricks and going in
> to see what (if anything) is in there.. There is
> a big spring that comes out of the ground near it
> too.

Wow, that is something to look forward to. Let us know what you find.
December 24, 2015 12:55PM
I don't blame you Daniel.

I would go for the gusto.

You never know

Definitely a place to hunt when it's real cold outside or real hot.
December 24, 2015 12:58PM
Daniel, what's taking so long? lol
December 24, 2015 01:49PM
I don't personally believe the cave\cannon story but it may have been why it was really sealed up (to keep curious treasure hunters out of it and potentially getting hurt or stuck). I do believe the cave was used as a shelter for Native Americans...by my own findings of artifacts around where the now sealed opening is. When I had my well drilled, they went 20 feet down through limestone and hit a big 8 feet air pocket/cave. They had to keep drilling and at just at 100 feet, hit another cave with a lake/river in it. This is where they put my well pump....it pegged their pressure gauge with so much water. All we know is that it is over 30 gallons a minute. The only reason I've not dug the cave thus far is I am waiting til I get moved over there. One of my first purchases is going to be a small tractor for farm work...and it will have a front bucket and backhoe attachment. That is what I am gonna dig that thing out with winking smiley
December 24, 2015 02:35PM
We don't have any caves to speak of around here but there are rumors of some man made ones on the river. Can't say I would have any interest in them. Now if there were native caves back in the ridges in our woods I'd hunt them. But I can't go out of sight of opening and that would be more than I could handle.

Daniel TN it just so happens there's farmer boy something or other on here and he knows a lot about buying owning operating maintaining and repairing tractors skid steers and crawlers! If need any advice or help selecting one or even a very experienced operator to run your piece of equipment I'd be glad to arrive around the time you decide to open that cave!