Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Deus Version 4.0 upgrade and new 4.7" X 9.5" Coil

Posted by stumpr 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Deus Version 4.0 upgrade and new 4.7" X 9.5" Coil
January 19, 2016 05:04PM
Like many Deus users, I am eagerly awaiting the release of the new software and coil sometime late spring early summer. It looks as though Deus is going after the salt water/wet beach and nugget hunters with this combo. There is a good article on the subject at [www.detectorprospector.com] I wonder if this combo will be effective in highly mineralized ground where the pulse machines rule? Imagine if you can accurately discriminate at depth in severely mineralized ground. Could be a game changer!
Re: Deus Version 4.0 upgrade and new 4.7" X 9.5" Coil
January 19, 2016 05:25PM
That has my interest for beach hunting. I already have 3 long beach trips planned from the Fla Keys to Wilmington not to mention if a big storm comes through I will go down for a day trip if enough erosion. Hate its coming so late in the season. Would like to see it tested before I invest in one. Thanks for posting and keeping us up to date.
January 19, 2016 08:41PM
No, it is a VLF and will in no way replace PI prospecting machines. The hope for us prospectors is that the update will make the DEUS a better VLF prospecting machine than it currently is. As it is it works fine but has nothing about it that makes it a better prospecting machine than, for example, a Gold Bug Pro. However, the smaller elliptical coil combined with the 40 kHz option and hopefully improvements to the Gold Field program could change that. I am cautiously optimistic and got another DEUS just to test this update and new coil out when it becomes available.
January 19, 2016 08:58PM
Steve Herschbach Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> No, it is a VLF and will in no way replace PI
> prospecting machines. The hope for us prospectors
> is that the update will make the DEUS a better VLF
> prospecting machine than it currently is. As it is
> it works fine but has nothing about it that makes
> it a better prospecting machine than, for example,
> a Gold Bug Pro. However, the smaller elliptical
> coil combined with the 40 kHz option and hopefully
> improvements to the Gold Field program could
> change that. I am cautiously optimistic and got
> another DEUS just to test this update and new coil
> out when it becomes available.

hey Steve, if XP were smart they'd give you the new coil and (current pre-release) version of 4.0 right now
in exchange for some valuable feedback....regardless, looking forward to your future reports on it (and finds)...
January 20, 2016 01:40AM
Any opinions on this set up improving coin/ relic hunting. I have very little gold interest (nugget wise) sure I love rings and would love a gold.coin but I'm not beach or nuggett hunting. If the frequencies are 10,20,30 and 40 khz wouldn't the 10 and 20 still be in the very effective range for coin and relic hunting not to mention the smaller coil. Any thoughts on this being effective other than what it appears to be marketed toward. Love to hear some thoughts on this.
January 20, 2016 04:50AM
Interesting that they are going to attract the prospector or beach hunter looking for micro jewelry. But what will that mean for the relic hunter and if we just update the new software will that really be a big change???

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
January 20, 2016 06:24AM
My guess is the narrow profile coil will largely negate the small edge the Racer currently enjoys due to its small coil. In that regard alone, yes, it should be better for coin and relic detecting.
January 20, 2016 01:12PM
Lawrenzo Wrote:
> Interesting that they are going to attract the
> prospector or beach hunter looking for micro
> jewelry. But what will that mean for the relic
> hunter and if we just update the new software will
> that really be a big change???

just based on the amount of time they've spent on 4 (big number = major revision), it would seem
to me that there will be something for everyone....also the stepped up competion should have an
'impact' on the new/included features/enhancements...I think it's going to be worth waiting for...
but and a big 'but' for me is that they are very pricey......
2lbs vs 4lbs for the MXSport is a very big advantage for XP though....there are a lot of aging MD'ers out there....I for one might reach the point where a 2 pounder will be what's needed for me to keep going....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/20/2016 02:35PM by canslawhero.
January 20, 2016 03:24PM
Steve Herschbach Wrote:
> My guess is the narrow profile coil will largely
> negate the small edge the Racer currently enjoys
> due to its small coil. In that regard alone, yes,
> it should be better for coin and relic detecting

Thats my thinking Steve
January 20, 2016 08:14PM
deathray Wrote:
> Steve Herschbach Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > My guess is the narrow profile coil will
> largely
> > negate the small edge the Racer currently
> enjoys
> > due to its small coil. In that regard alone,
> yes,
> > it should be better for coin and relic
> detecting
>
>
> Thats my thinking Steve

Xs2 that

I just picked up what is now my 3rd Deus and I also ran a Racer for a bit but let's be REAL here = the Racer isn't a Deus by any means. The only place it has an edge over the Deus and pretty much all other machines as for separation is due to that small OOR 5" coil

Hopefully that's not the case anymore after the new Deus coil hits the market = bring it on grinning smiley
January 21, 2016 04:37PM
Well in your dirt the deus rules in the gold country the race keeps up with the dues and is almost even for relic hunting but that is my dirt. I would not sell my deus but I really don't feel if I take the racer out I'm going to lose targets and the 5x10 is a better coil in iron or trash. I did a head to head on undug targets in an area with big and small iron and the race saw every target the deus saw.

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

January 22, 2016 01:33AM
Missing the point Lowboy. When the new Deus coil comes out,then we will see.
January 22, 2016 01:52AM
Let's be honest. This update isn't what coin shooters were looking for. Now the hardware needs to be updated to take advantage of the new software. This entire business of updating detectors needs to be analyzed. Is it successful? I expect we all have different opinions.
January 22, 2016 02:35AM
Hard to be honest when only rumors are floating about it.....if nothing else a small coil and hopefully some vdi refinements will make this a great improvement for coins. But I don't think honest can be used at this point
January 22, 2016 02:40AM
Deathray you also hunt for gold so it will be a nice upgrade for you but it maybe time they change the hardware and offer a new face-plate and of course we have to pay for that but better then buying a new unit. But hey when the update is released we will all be able to see what it does with the standard coils and if it's a game changer or really improves the machine which I think it will. I'm going to be looking at the impact they may see what direction Dues is going and add some new features to compete but it's all good what counts is no matter what machine you have you have to no how to use it.

LowBoy

[www.youtube.com]