Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Fors Gold+

Posted by neptronix 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Fors Gold+
January 23, 2016 08:22AM
What are the 5 audio frequencies it mentions in features? Does that Allow for different sound?
Re: Fors Gold+
January 23, 2016 08:53AM
How does it do in small streams? looking to do some streams very shallow, where known gold exists.
January 24, 2016 01:49AM
it has 5 settings for the high tone...sort of a low Hz Tone on 1 and as you go up it gets higher in Hz..

5 being the highest..

now tone 4 eliminates the iron tone..so its a basically anything rejected by disc in that 4 setting is nulled out or not reported...its a single tone unit there..

so its really I guess you can say a 4 variable tone unit for the high tone setting..

the machines coils are waterproof..the small coil is solid epoxy...the stock 5x10 is hollow ..

I suppose your stream would be in inches though instead of feet?

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
January 24, 2016 01:55AM
Go to Steve's site "detectorprospector.com " there's alot of info there to,especially pertaining to gold
January 24, 2016 02:04AM
Keith Southern Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> it has 5 settings for the high tone...sort of a
> low Hz Tone on 1 and as you go up it gets higher
> in Hz..
>
> 5 being the highest..
>
> now tone 4 eliminates the iron tone..so its a
> basically anything rejected by disc in that 4
> setting is nulled out or not reported...its a
> single tone unit there..
>
> so its really I guess you can say a 4 variable
> tone unit for the high tone setting..
>
> the machines coils are waterproof..the small coil
> is solid epoxy...the stock 5x10 is hollow ..
>
> I suppose your stream would be in inches though
> instead of feet?
>
> Keith

Yes, I doubt would ever be more than a foot deep. M
January 24, 2016 03:45AM
For those that use this style, do you find it inconvenient to not have all the controls directly n front of you? I know it has the secondary readout, but how quick can you change settings in the field?
January 24, 2016 03:58AM
neptronix Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> For those that use this style, do you find it
> inconvenient to not have all the controls directly
> n front of you? I know it has the secondary
> readout, but how quick can you change settings in
> the field?

Changing settings is slower than say a Makro Racer, but here's the good part.
The ground balance can checked or reground balanced--- no need to look at the side of the display or push any buttons there.

As long as you don't make a tone process change or disc settimg change-- no real aggravation noted IMO.

This design btw I found to be very comfortable and more balanced than most other detector setups.

It would probably be a fair statement--- a new user at first it may feel a bit awkward with the controls on the side, BUT after a person learns what works and how they want to set the detector up,to detect---- they will actually feel very comfortable and will enjoy such a setup.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/24/2016 04:01AM by tnsharpshooter.