Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

T2 has conked out before I could even use it

Posted by SkiWhiz 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
T2 has conked out before I could even use it
January 27, 2016 01:31AM
Bought a Teknetics T2 from a forum member, the older green model with stock and smaller NEL coil, everything looks in great condition. It is too cold up here to go detecting but I had to give it a try in the house the day it arrived, thinking back to the first time I loaded it with batteries and turned the switch to turn it on it didn't come right on. Thought that I had a bad battery or put one in wrong,etc. I opened up the battery compartment took the batteries out and checked them with my multimeter and they were fine, put them back in and the detector fired right up. Took the batteries out and put the T2 up in my closet. Got bored the other day and decided to get the T2 out and do some air testing with some coins to compare my two different coils. Loaded it up with know good batteries and the detector will not come on no matter what I do. Tried both coils, took some voltage readings and know that the battery connections are good because I am getting proper voltage inside the battery compartment and proper voltage inside the meter housing/meter. I more than likely could replace the bad part/parts but figuring out what parts are bad is beyond my level. I do not have the money to send it in and have it repaired at this time but know that I will have to at some point. Just curious if any of you have had this problem with a T2.
Re: T2 has conked out before I could even use it
January 27, 2016 03:07AM
I kind of remember hearing of an issue they used to have with loose or broken battery spring contacts.

HH
John
Re: T2 has conked out before I could even use it
January 27, 2016 03:18AM
the on/off switch can break ..

I've replaced two so far..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla