Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Question About a PI / VLF Hybrid machine

Posted by DirtyJohn 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Question About a PI / VLF Hybrid machine
January 27, 2016 02:23AM
I was wondering if this could possibly ever happen. Kind of like the mixed mode on some whites machines that do all metal and discriminate at the same time.

I would think it could be possible through some type of timing in the circuitry that could allow this, but I am really am just guessing.

Dare I say maybe even a Multi Frequency VLF / PI Hybrid or is that a bridge to far?
HH
John

P.S. And I am not talking about the discrimination abilities of some PI units already out there. I mean True VLF with ID's and PI running simultaneously.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 01/27/2016 02:56AM by DirtyJohn.
Re: Question About a PI / VLF Hybrid machine
January 27, 2016 03:08AM
[www.freepatentsonline.com]

[www.google.com]

Mrand has built this one..
Not sure it's running unison though..

There's even some out there saying they can build a Discriminating P.I. but they haven't surfaced..

Dave Emery was trying to build a Discriminating P.I. ..Pulse Devil to be exact was the name.Said it was built yet that came and went so not sure about that..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/27/2016 07:21PM by Keith Southern.
January 27, 2016 03:49AM
I thought the TDI had some sort of discrimination ability built into it, and I thought the Garrett Infinium and the ATX has some disc abilities too.
HH
John

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/27/2016 03:55AM by DirtyJohn.
January 27, 2016 12:34PM
Those VLFs that run all metal yet process the signal arent true AM and you loose depth. Honestly, we dont really need anything but a PI that can be switched to some form of multi tone with the ability to accurately ID iron for beach use........ sort of a PPer. Im playing with an older T/R machine now in the water which does a really good job of IDing iron..... everything else has a different sound. IF i could get this in PI form..... wouldnt be bad. The problem with T/R machine is it doesnt like black sand....... and if you get into a lot of trash, even avoiding iron, there can be a lot of digging.

Dew
January 27, 2016 07:37PM
They have Pulse delays...

and they have a dual tone system in the ground balancing models

The Infinium has a Iron check but its just working off of full pulse delay advance..

its the Idea that advancing the pulse delay to full will cause iron to still report with a tone and be considered iron...If the target gets weaker or disappears there's a CHANCE its non ferrous...but also small iron can behave like a good target and large good targets like silver and such can behave like Iron if you rely on that..

you can do the same with the TDI also if you want to take the time..

The ATX uses a Switching circuit that the factory claims is not pulse delay max setting check but an independant circuit??

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
January 28, 2016 01:02AM
I hate to keep talking about the XP Deus, but the Gold Field program is it's all metal mode, and it has VDI's and will discriminate IRON. Google DEUS and read the manual. It is all in there. The VDI's will tell you if foil, dime quarter. That is a ALL MEDAL mode.
January 28, 2016 11:56AM
If its processing those signals to give VDIs its loosing depth unlike a PI which only has to tell you there is metal. Also, what i found in a mixed mode like on the DFX, it tends to track the soil.
January 28, 2016 01:02PM
dewcon4414 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Also, what i found in a
> mixed mode like on the DFX, it tends to track the
> soil.

Is tracking the soil not what it is supposed to do?
January 28, 2016 01:56PM
Not from what ive seen...its like going over a target several times.... it tend to disappear. In bad soil weak targets and depth suffer.
January 28, 2016 04:10PM
Is that not just the SAT tuning out the ground or a signal which is totally different to a machines tracking.