Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Minelab

Posted by Sand dog 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Minelab
January 26, 2016 05:59PM
Just got email regarding the ctx upgrades. I asked if they were free for my ctx because it's only 8 months old. They said no I'd have to pay for them. $129 for battery and $75 an hour for arm lock. What!!! That's just not right. Also asked about the pro alloy testing plated jewelry and they said it's a surface tester if something is plated you have to scratch through plating to get accurate test. I'm still gonna get one though. Just wanted to let everyone know what I heard from minelab.

John
Re: Minelab
January 26, 2016 07:22PM
These fixes should have done under warranty, with the battery replacement charge prorated based on time of ownership.
They admitted they infact have 2 problems with original design--- they are treating already paid customers here poorly IMO.

Plus the fact, have they indeed addressed for example if a person opts not to upgrade,,,, will the old style batteries continued to be offered down the road????
And can parts for this poorly engineered arm cuff, will they be available as well????

I guess what I'm saying, would it be reasonable for a person to try and get at least 10 years service out of a what approx $2000 metal detector???

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/26/2016 07:28PM by tnsharpshooter.
January 26, 2016 08:23PM
+1 TNSS! THIS HOW A COMPANY THAT RESTS ON IT'S LAURELS DROPS THE BALL AND LOSES CUSTOMERS.
January 26, 2016 09:29PM
And to think Minelab indeed offered the " free" 17" coil. So if they could do that, instead why didn't they upgrade all the units still under warranty at no charge to the already paid customer.
Sham is the word here-no doubt.
January 26, 2016 09:59PM
I am not bashing but stating fact. I bought one of the first version explorers and it bit the dust a couple of years ago minelab would not even attempt.to fix it, they said no parts. I paid almost a 1000 dollars for that thing. Guess how many of the next 9 detectors I bought were minelab.
January 27, 2016 12:59PM
If you have ever owned an Xcal...... then you know they dont fix known problems..... how ever they do raise prices. Its not cheap owning a ML and we all complain, BUT.... how many people dont have one or havent tried one? The way i hurt them is....... i buy USED. I mean they only offer a year on an Xcal and you are going to pay for repairs anyway. ML really doesnt care what we think...... and to my knowledge has never concerned its self with admitting problems........its cheaper to fix a few that drown until they run out of warranty.
January 27, 2016 06:44PM
That's terrible. I can see charging for an upgrade but not a bug fix. That's on them and they should take care of their customers.
hh
John
January 28, 2016 12:39AM
That is why I went with the XP Deus, 5 years warranty and if any upgrader is free. They even give you the cable to upgrade with. I think if Minelab wants to keep selling detector they better step up the and do better.
Dont buy one; thatll show ML!
January 28, 2016 01:32AM
I've never had a problem with the so called 'bugs' that many non ML owners wail about so much. If you own one then just buy a $2 pair of O-rings fer crissake if youre that worried about it. frogmaster riviera (other boards) scuba dives with the CTX with those. Try that with your machine.

I guess Haters gonna Hate, but I go with Performance. Cost is secondary.

(that ought to bring the Love)
January 28, 2016 02:57AM
A lot of these companies are losing their respect and maybe because of the third world markets...but hey the deus and the racer are solid and are doing things right

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
January 29, 2016 03:01AM
I have one of the very first shipment of CTX's to hit the USA and after several hundred hours of use with quite a bit of time submerged and have not had a single issue . I keep the gasket and seal area spotless and no leaks so far. Have pulled a lot of old deep coinage out of so called hunted out public sites with it though thumbs down now if they would only make it lighter .......
January 29, 2016 06:06PM
Guess thats why Whites, Tesoro, Garrett to name a few has been around so long....
Don't know why but they treated me well years ago, but downhill service since....used to have a learned female that really helped but she is gone.