Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Back to the same spot but used the 10x5''

Posted by Tom41 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Back to the same spot but used the 10x5''
February 27, 2016 09:51AM
The 10x5'' seems to really like the smalls. Hunted the same location Friday with it and had time to move out and cover some more area. Still in presets but lowered the gain and raised the iron reject. Auto tune had me at 128 but had to lower once I went closer to a cell tower.

Swinging the 10x5 compared to the stock coil was night and day, felt great. See what folks mean by getting in high trash with a GPX...that was interesting for a second. The smaller coil pulled some smaller targets with the shoe tack and what looks like a rivet but made of lead being close to my holes from earlier in the week. Found my first worm on this hunt. Did dig some of the tones that had a wobble in the tone at the end this time out and never found any of them to be a keeper. Those shotgun hulls do have me excited though, if we were missing them then we also missed some more buttons and I think this is due to the highly mineralized dirt in there. David they were found along that back fence. Wayne that info you sent was more than helpful...well worth several re-reads.

Re: Back to the same spot but used the 10x5''
February 27, 2016 01:15PM
Nice Tom. The hot dirt sure can hide those smaller targets when using Vlf detector.
Re: Back to the same spot but used the 10x5''
February 27, 2016 06:34PM
WTG Tom!

Amazing what mineralization can do,even the slightest can effect depth masking good signals.

Congrats!
Paul