Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

PI question

Posted by Bflo 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
PI question
March 09, 2016 05:31AM
So I have been going to my uncle's.old house site for over a year now. Probably 40/trips or so. He thinks I'm nuts. It's a hay field now where a mid to late 1800s house used to be. I've found a few silver a few wheats and a lot of buttons. Some military some flats etc. I think there was a little more than a house here maybe a picnic ground or camp site or even an old school. The old community center butts up to his land. So I have been finding less and less which is expected. I pretty much dig anything including iron unless it's a grunt. I'm using the deus w 0 disc full tones and there still lots of those grunts around the old house. Here is my question to you PI guys. Would it be huntable with a tdi pro? I looked at the Gb today and tracking it was upper 70's. I had a modded tdi and got rid of it before I knew about this place. Would another tdi help me find some deepies or would I go nuts with iron and nails? In full tones the deus is making lots of noise but I can deal with it just don't know about a PI in a spot like this. When I had the tdi I only used it in my test garden and at a school for coins which I did very well with as far as trash to coins but I was using the GB trick and disc out aluminum, there was not much iron there. Thanks for your replies in advance.
Re: PI question
March 09, 2016 03:03PM
Your ground balance number doesn't tell you the level of mineralization.

Instead bob your coil over clean ground and look at the mineralization index meter.
If when bobbing coil,, it reads half or less on Deus,,, you are getting some good depth.
You do have all metal you can use on Deus as wel.
Re: PI question
March 09, 2016 06:30PM
TNSS I assume you are referring to the Program 10 Gold. I found that program to be very interesting and usable. I never could get any responses to my attempts to generate discussion on it though. It is the same Deus bflo Brian has now. smileys with beer

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie