Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

My rundown on Equinox 800 and some rambling thoughts....(VIDEO)

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: My rundown on Equinox 800 and some rambling thoughts....(VIDEO)
April 24, 2018 04:30PM
It’s just another tool, some people like Mac tools, others like Snap-on tools, some like the value of Craftsman tools.

Use what works best for you.
April 25, 2018 03:26AM
Sorry been away couple days at training class

I would still like to see what a small coil will do on the machine..

Two of the biggest things I see is the accurate ID and depth especially on low conductors..and ability to LOCK on a target in light to medium iron with just a peek of the target...Very uncanny

in the video you'll Notice that Prospecting mode unmask better than disc modes..And has more depth..

I do have to add an addendum though..I was contacted and told don't quite expect the perfeomace I've seen in Prospecting mode to be quite that on a wet beach...The beach mode will attenuate small gold slightly...

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
April 25, 2018 03:31AM
I tried running your test again with the Equinox today and couldn't find any more unmasking capabilities in prospecting mode over the normal disc modes. Maybe im missing something?? I will run the depth test tomorrow here in my soil which is way different than yours..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/25/2018 03:33AM by calabash digger.
April 25, 2018 04:16AM
Put the iron bias on zero...For such a large coil it does very well on nail board test..Stay in prospecting program 1 it seems to behave better or feel better than the 2 slot..plus you can get the gain higher too I can usually run that on 25

Yet nail board test is lighter to medium iron type scenario..Yet In prospecting I got excellent results with simply just adding iron disc and that's a bit strong setting but I think it shows the jump in performance..Since disc mode was set at same tone break I used the prospecting to null same setting that disc mode breaks tone.

That's why I want to see a small coil...its should change it enough to make it see through in heavy iron..

On the Gain it takes super 6 to do the nail board...But then is very eyeoepening in dense iron too...what could the Nox do??I do know it has a uncanny ability to see a peek and lock...in my video on down the barrel portion of the nail board test if you pay attention I mention a 19 ID ..Very good for it to see that and lock a number

If you get a chance look at my Kruzer video on 3 tone less than 90 gain on nail board with stock coil...very good...

I know the nailboards are above ground test and such and controlled..but it's something we can all do together,

That's one of the problems we have no Standards..and everyone's dirt is different..

I have alot of red clay and 4 bar dirt ..mine balances at 4 usually on the EQ..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
April 25, 2018 04:51AM
That seems unusually low to me (the ground balance number). In my red dirt, the GB number is 60s to 80s. At my house, it is 3 bar and thats the 60s. At my bullet field, the 4 to 5 bar soil, the GB number is in the 80s and in Culpeper red dirt, the number was high 80s to low 90s. The lowest I have seen the numbers on my unit has been the 40s.
April 25, 2018 04:54AM
In my soil neutral soil it runs 0 to 15 and you know how my soil very easy on a detector. BTW no mineral bars on the F75 here.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/25/2018 04:55AM by calabash digger.
April 25, 2018 01:36PM
I went and ran the prospect mode again with zero iron bias like you said . I will post video later.
April 25, 2018 05:47PM
Remamber, the GB numbers are the type of mineralization - not it’s intensity. The “Bar’s” are a reading of the ferric intensity.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
April 25, 2018 08:15PM
I've been saying "how did I miss that?" a lot since getting the Nox also. Except the "that" is aluminum. But I have a lot more experimenting to do yet.