Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Deteknix Wireless Headphones Test

Posted by Sven1 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Deteknix Wireless Headphones Test
March 26, 2016 02:26PM
Heard about the happy people who no longer have to wear a big, heavy, hot in the summer pair of wired headphones.....
I never thought too much about it as they are the only type I have used since the early 1970's. Kept on using them.
Recently I also converted a wireless gaming headset to make it usable with my AKA Berkut. Along with working great,
there was a sense of nakedness not being directly connected to the metal detector. Wow, this is great......should have went this route
long ago.

Received from Deteknix a pair of their wireless headphones to test out. One of our club members purchased a set a number of months ago
and he loves them. This was a good chance for me to actually see what I thought about them.

First thing noticed, when opening the box is the headphones and all accessories come in a neat zippered hard case. Really makes for an excellent
place to store everything when not in use and keep it all safe, in one place.

The headphones themselves are on the small size, like those young people walking around listening to an MP3 player. Super lightweight, fit snug and comfortable around the head
without the bulky feel of full size headphones.

The transmitter is very small, flat and compact. You will find on the bottom of the transmitter a very nice feature, the bottom is flat with a concave section right down the length of its center.
Good thinking on the designers part..... This allows the transmitter to be mounted anywhere along the length of any round tube handle section, middle rod without sliding right or left and then falling off.

You also get two USB charger cables, one for the TX and one for the RX (headphones), a USB wall charger, 1/8" to 1/4" phono jack adapter. Charging is as easy as it can get.............

One thing you hear about when trying wireless headphones with a detector is lag or signal delay. The time it takes for the signal to be transmitted from the TX to the headphones when the detector detects a
target. Hard to find a pair of wireless without some lag. Was ready to give the Deteknix set a whirl on a number of detectors I have.

The results I came up with:
** Did not notice any lag
** Audio was crisp and clean, matched very closely to what the detector sounded like thru the detectors speaker
** Adjustable volume control for each ear
** I like them!!

Not much more to say about them, except if you want to go wireless, give these a try.

Just found out they also have another option for those that want to go wireless that have their own headphones.
[www.youtube.com]

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
Re: Deteknix Wireless Headphones Test
March 26, 2016 08:28PM
Nice. A fellow could get spoiled. Thanks for the review Sven.
March 26, 2016 08:39PM
Thanks Sven

I like the NO LAG aspect!

Sounds Like a winner if you're after no wires!

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
March 28, 2016 08:44PM
I asked for and got a pair of these for Christmas. The first time out with them I almost threw them away. The headphones would loose power about every 10 minutes. It would just shut down without warning. I contacted Deteknix and spoke with Jason. He provided a return label and I shipped them back. When I got them back, it was a different pair with a slightly different design. I charged them up and took them out. No problems at all since I got the new ones in. In speaking with Jason, he advised me that they had discovered an IC chip was causing the problem and it had been replaced with one that works properly. I can see no lag and the sound is crisp. I like the headphones being small and light. I also appreciate customer service and the swift way in which my problem was handled and corrected. Would I purchase a pair if I had it to do over again? Yes sir, I would.