Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Fastest target separation on a full discriminator ?

Posted by swmomark 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Fastest target separation on a full discriminator ?
April 10, 2016 01:00AM
I know some of the faster target separation detectors only disc. out iron. I was wondering if anyone had made a list of the fastest target separation detectors that are capable of full pulltab- screwcap discrimination ? Thanks, Mark
Re: Fastest target separation on a full discriminator ?
April 10, 2016 01:12AM
F75/T2/F19/Omega Etc..

NokMaks

DEUS

V3i tweaked to do so..

Tek Mark 1

Quite a few..If staying with tones.

if not there's some good uns too in single tone..

Compass GSP

Tejon

Lobo

Etc.

May I ask are you asking about speed or or are you asking about the ability to reject say slaw and pulltabs and screw casp and get unmasking for coins in that range..??

The ones previously mentioned give speed...But if you're looking for a SLEUTHY unit in modern trash then a FBS or CZ or a Mark 1 or a R2 can do some unique things in modern trash..The R2 has the unique distinction of unmasking well in modern trash and having speed too along with say the likes of a F75..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
April 10, 2016 03:31AM
Tesoro Outlaw will Disc. out a dime at Max, seen them go cheap on the Depot.
April 10, 2016 11:43PM
Keith, I am looking for a modern trash hunter. Although I usually hunt by tones with low or zero disc. I have a Vista Smart that unmask real good in iron. I have a chance to pick up a new T2 emi Classic from a friend. Wasn't sure if it was one of the better unmaskers or not. Thanks for all the info. Mark
April 11, 2016 12:45AM
Mark if your a tone hunter and lIke the Vista Series in iron you can appreciate the R2 in modern trash or even R1 ..

the T2 does well also..and is no slouch..But in my opinion with the Makro is bringing the tone subtleties in iron we are use to in the Vista's and others into the modern trash arena..In a VLF..

FBS is always an option too..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla