Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

A start with the Nokta Fors Relic

Posted by Potomac run 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
A start with the Nokta Fors Relic
April 14, 2016 07:37PM
Not much but a start, I sure like it. And it like the small brass. will flat jump on a bullet.. I think the little thing im holding is a cuff link with what looks like mother of pearl on it,

Re: A start with the Nokta Fors Relic
April 14, 2016 11:04PM
Same here, Potomac run. Just a start. About 3 hours in a field where a few minies have been found. Tall wheat in the field now. Had to hunt edges and bare spots and the road bed. Found the flat button in the side of a deep rut in the road bed.
Curious about the small stamped brass. Looks like it had a pin on the back of it. The silver Rosie rang 82.

I like the balance of the FORS Relic. A very light machine, too. The hand grip is a bit clunky, especially with the neoprene cover on it, but so far, not the hand numb-er my Racer is. Nokta and Makro are a mixed bag, IMO. Both have some excellent features, but both have some serious shortcomings too. I can live with having to turn the Relic over and read the screens upside down (I'm left handed), but it would be nice not to have to!

Laying some targets, ie, minie ball, brass button, dime, nickel on the ground and checking modes for distance in air had me shaking my head! Unbelievable depth (in air). Still have to see what depth it achieves in the dirt. No really deep targets found yet.

Wayne

Pleasant Garden, NC
AT Max, Nokta Impact, MX Sport, Nokta FORS Relic, GPX 4800, Infinium, Racer, Deus, F75SE, Nautilus DMC II (order of acquisition, last to first)

Does an archeologist argue with a plow? A bureaucrat with a bulldozer?
April 14, 2016 11:12PM
Good start and finds by both.

Congrats
April 14, 2016 11:14PM
Nice digs
Curious on how this new machine plays out

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/14/2016 11:15PM by docbars.
April 14, 2016 11:16PM
Very nice indeed..... Looks like another winning machine.
April 15, 2016 04:23AM
I noticed how it loved brass also. I did find my oldest cartridge today, a 45 70 cartridge with the head stamp CF 5 77 today with it.
Really like this machine, reminds me of my deus but with a smaller coil.
April 15, 2016 05:06AM
Nice work guys! I got out today with the Relic as well. Very impressive so far. My best finds were two eagle buttons, in a area that we have hammered, that is a carpet of nails.
I can't figure out how to post pics on this forumconfused smiley. So no pics. I'll post them on FM. HH

Dean
April 15, 2016 05:32AM
Nice cuff link.

Yes a Lead Killer..

I always eek some minnie balls when running the relic..

Good info!!

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
April 15, 2016 03:36PM
Some of your finds are very crusty and when that happens my Racer and Deus see it, read it as more iron or a broken sound but I never pass that up and have to really clean them up so maybe your machines the Relic sees those targets better and that would be a good thing

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
April 16, 2016 12:25AM
bado1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> I can't figure out how to post pics on this
> forumconfused smiley. So no pics.

> Dean

Did you try a search? There are several specific and detailed posts explaining how to post pics here.

Best way, IMO, is to upload pics to photobucket (free account) and simply copy and paste link from photobucket into your post here.
When you select an image from your library at photobucket, several links will be displayed to the right of the selected image.
Use the bottom one. Click on it and it will be copied. Then navigate to this forum and paste the link into the post you are composing.
HTH

Wayne

Pleasant Garden, NC
AT Max, Nokta Impact, MX Sport, Nokta FORS Relic, GPX 4800, Infinium, Racer, Deus, F75SE, Nautilus DMC II (order of acquisition, last to first)

April 16, 2016 02:56PM
Thanks, Wayne!

I'm not the most computer savvy guy, obviously, so the archaic format of this forum is frustrating for me (I'm the problem not the forum). I sure like the discussions here but will probably not be posting pics. All of the other forums are quite simple to post pics on...no copying and pasting and what not.

Thanks again!

Dean
April 17, 2016 12:43AM
bado1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks, Wayne!
>
> I'm not the most computer savvy guy, obviously, so
> the archaic format of this forum is frustrating
> for me (I'm the problem not the forum). I sure
> like the discussions here but will probably not be
> posting pics. All of the other forums are quite
> simple to post pics on...no copying and pasting
> and what not.
>
> Thanks again!
>
> Dean

Well, Dean, the good thing about uploading to photobucket (you have to upload anyway, to the forum itself, or photobucket), is that you don't have to worry about image size (too much) because photobucket takes the hit, not the forum (server). So, you can upload nice images instead of wee tiny ones that some forums require. Copy and paste is about as simple as it gets, btw <g>.

Pleasant Garden, NC