Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

A tip maybe for folks searching this forum for info

Posted by tnsharpshooter 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
A tip maybe for folks searching this forum for info
April 19, 2016 08:35PM
True this site has a search feature,, I've used it but it can be a bear of sorts sometimes when looking for info.

Just like the gent ask me this morning for some info,,,I had seen earlier in the forum years ago.

I remembered one person who commented on this particular info.

So a person could infact look through their entire forum history posts and eventually find.

This way here may be easier and save you some time.

Go to google page,, type in what you are after,, for example today,,, I typed in,," etrac sensitivity at 26 and higher goes into boost",, then leave a few spaces and type Dankowski forum.

And my info I was looking for did come up.

Might help you.

Cheers.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/19/2016 08:36PM by tnsharpshooter.
Re: A tip maybe for folks searching this forum for info
April 19, 2016 11:25PM
I do the same thing as a Google is faster and more likely to find it.

------------"Cz's still bad to the bone".------------
Living on a big ass Astroid.
The woman that got my rib,I want it back.
Re: A tip maybe for folks searching this forum for info
April 20, 2016 03:07AM
A similar idea for search engines is try "etrac sensitivity 26 higher boost site:dankowskidetectors.com" without the quotes. That syntax should work with most search engines and with about any target site. It will look for those words in the web site name following the "site:" command. Try to keep the search words unique and short and leave out stuff like at, and, goes, etc. If you need to search a specific string of words in order like "minelab etrac warranty" that will look for occurrences of those three words by putting them in quotes in the search and ignore individual hits of those words by themselves.

Hope this helps.