Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Diggers on this morning

Posted by supertraq 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Diggers on this morning
May 10, 2016 03:38PM
Of the md shows this one is still being aired. Bring back Meteorite Men,they kick ass with finds worth tens of thousands, not tweenty bucks.

------------"Cz's still bad to the bone".------------
Living on a big ass Astroid.
The woman that got my rib,I want it back.
Re: Diggers on this morning
May 10, 2016 08:17PM
I saw where one of the shows was being discontinued,,can't remember which one.

I have watched one or 2 episodes of one of them,,,came upon them by accident flipping channels.

I wasn't impressed in the least--- actually depressed me a great deal.

Will try not to ever watch anymore.
May 10, 2016 08:35PM
If you have Netflix, there's a funny British sitcom called "Detectorist". The detecting scenes are pretty spot on.

HH
John
May 10, 2016 09:23PM
Dirty John, Ha Ha, my wife and I watched several episodes, We also liked the song and artist that played at the beginning. The show was on the funny side...Britt's crack me up.
May 10, 2016 09:54PM
Diggers (KG and Ringy) has been discontinued by Natgeo. They are working on putting together a new show "Diggin with KG and Ringy" but it hasn't been picked up by a network yet.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/10/2016 09:54PM by TabWhisperer.
May 10, 2016 10:24PM
Good Ridence.
May 10, 2016 11:33PM
I enjoy watching the show. I would like them to use the real sound of the detector. Overall they're out having fun.

Rick
May 10, 2016 11:38PM
TabWhisperer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Diggers (KG and Ringy) has been discontinued by
> Natgeo. They are working on putting together a
> new show "Diggin with KG and Ringy" but it hasn't
> been picked up by a network yet.

If they would just act normal and informative,not like ding bats hanging upsidedown in trees and eat'en dirt.
Makes us look bad,would you let a metal detectorist in your yard after watching diggers.

May 10, 2016 11:41PM
I saw a Nugget Noggin youtube video and he was hunting with KG & Ringy. They're both sponsored by Garrett and the AT Pro line, so I wonder if they aren't going to be doing a show with all three of them?

If Nugget Noggin would get Abbey back on, those two could have a great show together.

I'll have to check out the British show, sounds like a good one.
May 11, 2016 12:41AM
supertraq Wrote:
>
> If they would just act normal and informative,not
> like ding bats hanging upsidedown in trees and
> eat'en dirt.
> Makes us look bad,would you let a metal
> detectorist in your yard after watching diggers.

I've always said the same thing about their behavior on TV. I wasn't a fan of the show either. I get the sense they are good guys. Maybe the next generation show will go over better, if it happens at all. I would like to see some MD show take on a more serious approach, at times with archaeologists cooperation to better the MD reputations and relations.

Added:
Just for clarification I know they've worked with archies before on some shows. But those people usually are in the background or not around when they dig the finds. I would like to see them in context of the show doing some planning, gridding and documenting as part of a team. The other major thing that annoyed me was the lack of sound synchronization with their detectors. Sure they had headphones on and the camera couldn't hear the same sounds, but I thought it cast a somewhat fake shadow on the hunts. I would hope they devise some sort of monitor for the cameras to hear the actual audio of the detectors as they film it. I know the show was supposed to be fun it seemed confused too many times over what they were trying to accomplish. Maybe have fun shows mixed with more methodical shows.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/11/2016 01:01AM by TabWhisperer.
May 11, 2016 01:14AM
TabWhisperer Wrote:
> supertraq Wrote:
> >
> > If they would just act normal and
> informative,not
> > like ding bats hanging upsidedown in trees and
> > eat'en dirt.
> > Makes us look bad,would you let a metal
> > detectorist in your yard after watching
> diggers.
>
> I've always said the same thing about their
> behavior on TV. I wasn't a fan of the show
> either. I get the sense they are good guys.
> Maybe the next generation show will go over
> better, if it happens at all. I would like to see
> some MD show take on a more serious approach, at
> times with archaeologists cooperation to better
> the MD reputations and relations.
>
> Added:
> Just for clarification I know they've worked with
> archies before on some shows. But those people
> usually are in the background or not around when
> they dig the finds. I would like to see them in
> context of the show doing some planning, gridding
> and documenting as part of a team. The other
> major thing that annoyed me was the lack of sound
> synchronization with their detectors. Sure they
> had headphones on and the camera couldn't hear the
> same sounds, but I thought it cast a somewhat fake
> shadow on the hunts. I would hope they devise
> some sort of monitor for the cameras to hear the
> actual audio of the detectors as they film it. I
> know the show was supposed to be fun it seemed
> confused too many times over what they were trying
> to accomplish. Maybe have fun shows mixed with
> more methodical shows.

Well said,and if they used wireless headphones I can imagine that the transmit signal can be received by the camera via magic? Lol

May 11, 2016 02:51AM
The ONLY good thing about the Diggers for me was the fact that I was able to figure out one of their sites not too far from me and obtain permission to hunt it and a couple of bordering properties with great success . They returned to do a follow up a year later and lets just say they did not fair so well in the finds department. The one main land owner was not too happy with them as they dumped all the big iron they dug in the ditch in taller grass and he found it with his mower .
I also am now the proud owner of two Diggers tokens they buried while their >grinning smiley<
May 11, 2016 02:56AM
Agree with you Harold, good riddance to Dingy and King Dork.

That show was a positive for Garrett, not so much for the hobby as a whole.
May 12, 2016 07:20AM
There was a local newspaper article that was discussing the future purchase of land close to me for historical reasons by the state it has breast works on it from the Civil War. Mentioned in the article one of the reasons it's being purchased is due to relic hunter's destroying it and it mentions the show American Diggers. Thanks Ric Savage you piece of crap with your fake A$$ show.
May 12, 2016 12:01PM
I was wondering why they have their own individual YouTube channels now. Some of them I like. Some I would like to see vanish. Someone recently mentioned a channel called SilverSlingers. I went to check them out and I can't believe people enjoy watching them! I don't know who she is but that woman in the videos drove me insane with all the running. She spends more time running to see what the others have found than she spends hunting and then she has to run over and show them everything she finds. I would have her knocked out with a shovel just to get some peace and tranquility.
May 12, 2016 01:11PM
Daniel you're not alone I thought the same thing too. LOL
May 12, 2016 02:10PM
Daniel Tn Wrote:
> I was wondering why they have their own individual
> YouTube channels now. Some of them I like. Some I
> would like to see vanish. Someone recently
> mentioned a channel called SilverSlingers. I went
> to check them out and I can't believe people enjoy
> watching them! I don't know who she is but that
> woman in the videos drove me insane with all the
> running. She spends more time running to see what
> the others have found than she spends hunting and
> then she has to run over and show them everything
> she finds. I would have her knocked out with a
> shovel just to get some peace and tranquility.

That was me,"@#$%& slinger" is what I call them. She would promote her outrageous finds on I believe it was findmall or maybe they.
I watched one where she found a cache of clean silver coins in what looked like a crown royal velvet bag that they buried probably moment's before she found it

May 12, 2016 07:01PM
88junior Wrote:

> Thanks Ric Savage you piece of crap with your fake A$$ show.

Has to be the absolutely worst one ever. The stuff the claimed to ahve found (old guns on almost every dig) and then the outrageous prices the "antique dealers" were offering them at the end of the program was pure BS. My favorite one was when they were digging around some old apartment buildings in Detroit, and got a big signal under a sidewalk, they brought in an excavator and dug out the sidewalk and found the signal.... it was an old air cleaner with a brand new cloth bag (wasn't dirty at all) inside full of old coins. It was just amazing how no dirt go inside the air cleaner, and the white cloth bag was immaculate, almost like it was just put there drinking smiley