Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Blisstool V6 hunt (7x9" coil)

Posted by tnsharpshooter 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Blisstool V6 hunt (7x9" coil)
May 21, 2016 09:54PM
Still cool here today,,with the rain out of here,,decided to give the bliss a run.

Took the V6 to one of my sites-- loaded with iron,,wouldn't expecting to find anything,,but wanted to see how this detector and the small coil handled the iron--- would it tell me to dig anything, even iron based on my experiences using it.

I hunted the site about 1.5 hours,,0 gain, disc level 5, disc depth 10, threshold at little over 5,, fine GB setting run a 3, 4, and 5 in places.

Overall I think the detector did well handling the iron,,remember this particular site hard busted my myself with Deus. I finally did get one signal where the detector was telling me to dig,,turned out to be a piece of tin,,about 1/2" square folded up. Only target I dug.

I did get out of the site off to the side,,,and played a bit with the ground balance.

What I did was to an auto ground balance,,and then after bobbed the coil to see how much ground feedback there was. It balanced very well-- no ground feedback ( 0 gain),,, then next I did a manual ground balance,,,my goal was to see where the coarsely setting would be if and when I could emulate what I got using auto ground balance. Turns out coursely setting of 6 emulated what I got in auto.

As far as how much gain I could run,,,about 1.5 tops,,,remember the ground is wet here-- and this was with the small coil.
And IMO, hunting sites loaded with nails and iron,,gain level 0 is a necessity,,running higher gain,, the iron gets very sparky.
Packed up from there and headed back to the site I hunted a few days ago, ( hadn't hunted near all of it).

So I approached the site from a different angle,,,after talking again to the owner,, about the happenings at this site back in the days.

Did manage to find a general services button,,clad quarter,, and a few other odds and ends-- I didn't dig every target detected,,was using the disc switch as a guide somewhat.

Thanks for looking.

Re: Blisstool V6 hunt (7x9" coil)
May 22, 2016 12:51AM
Sweet button! Thanks for sharing your hunt with us.

Dean
Re: Blisstool V6 hunt (7x9" coil)
May 22, 2016 12:51PM
I like that button !