Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Blisstool V6 7x9" coil-- test on 10" buried dime ( data added)

Posted by tnsharpshooter 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Blisstool V6 7x9" coil-- test on 10" buried dime ( data added)
May 24, 2016 01:28AM
Part 1

Did a little hunting today with Blisstool,,got a little warm on me,,and discovered 4 bullets.

As nightfall was approaching and temps cooler,,I decided to do a few test with the Blisstool model V6 with the smaller 7x9" coil.

I actually cut part of a hay field with an old riding mower,,,to give me a sanitary site to do some test-- my yard is wall to wall iron and nails.

So I buried the dime, checking with a tape measure,,,made sure it was down at least 10" deep,,it may be slightly deeper---a us clad dime.

Plug was reinstalled and body weight pressure administered.

To begin with Ground Balance was done in auto,,,I did at the end do a manual ground balance and will report on the results using it later.

The highest gain allowed for a auto ground balance was a shade over level 1.

All reporting here,,threshold was left at level 5--- a level that is generally quieter to run,,this can be run a bit higher usually.

At gain 0,, fine ground balance at 7,, I could tell the dime was there-- but only because I knew the dime was there.
Btw disc level 5 disc depth 10 (Max) and disc switch at position 3

Going to gain level 1,, dime signal was present,,a good diggable signal,,while checking I started to move the disc level knob up,,at level 7 signal became weak-- this leaving disc depth at 10.

Moving disc depth to level 9,, made the signal a tad better,,but nothing to brag about.

So putting disc level back to 5 and disc depth back to level 10.
Went to turbo gain level 0-- obtained a good signal. Could move the disc switch to position 2,, good signal followed,,going to position 1,, signal was there a tad weaker,,with coil position more critical.

With turbo still engaged,,gain a level 1,, a whopping signal on dime,,With disc switch in position 3,, I could get s whooping signal,,even with turning the disc level to max 10 and disc depth level 10

Returning disc to level 5 disc depth to level 10,,, I checked the dime with disc switch in positions 2 and 1-- good signals with both settings,,with position 1 a bit more coil position sensitive.

In the end I performed a manual ground balance,,,checking with some of the settings above-- seemed signal was generally stronger vs auto ground balance.

I even went to the house and grabbed a Deus with 11" coil,,,to see what the mineralization meter would read.

I checked in 5 different places around the buried dime--- meter was going half scale in all spots checked.

The smaller coil is no slouch in the depth department it seems.

I will be doing some more test,,with even deeper coins.
And this is a freshly buried target,,,and I do understand it can skew results that may/ could be seen in the field detecting targets in the wild.

Part 2
Another buried target,, again using the V6 with 7x9" coil,,this time a solid 12" deep nickel (non war nickel).

Gain at 0 non turbo,,a nonstarter,,with gain at 0 in turbo,,I could tell the nickel was there--- threshold setting remained at level 5 for all test here.

The highest gain I could balance the detector was slightly higher than 1.5--- with no to minimal ground feedback when bobbing coil.

I chose to use gain level of one,,,in non turbo,,disc depth at 10, disc level at 10 a good sweet signal,,have to flush the coin though. Lowering disc level to level 5 made a small improvement on signal.

At gain level 1,, using turbo a great signal,,and even a good signal with disc level at 10, disc depth at 10.

I did notice one thing,,,I could lower freq using freq knob without going into turbo--- signal seemed better vs when set to min on the freq,,,and this goes for both the 10" dime and 12" nickel.

Now,,it has been talked about here,,,about airtest,,and where it seems many think Max airtest distance is max in ground detectable depth ( when all the stars and planets are aligned).

Not to start a controversy here,,,but I checked my V6 with the settings I was hitting the deep nickel with--- and I even played with ground balance settings doing airtests on nickel,,right where this nickel is buried,,,and I think I even used a ferrite ground balance setting as well--- biggest airtest distance I could acheive was 10".

I should also note,,above my head here,and off to the side about 30 ft--- single phase light wires, with telephone wire underneath.

So far with all my testing,,signals on deeper coins buried and the ones in my little test garden--- seems if a person will run a little less gain than what even the machine suggests when balancing,,, overall cleaner signals obtained.

My next experiment will be,,burying some different size nails down deep,,,just to see what happens.

And again,,these test here,,,results could/ may skew real live hunting results with targets in the wild.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/25/2016 12:56AM by tnsharpshooter.