Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

June 6 (today), 1944 - D-Day

Posted by ncwayne 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
June 6 (today), 1944 - D-Day
June 06, 2016 06:42PM
A friend of mine who will be 92 in September sent this to me today. He is a Marine and saw duty in the Pacific theater during WW II.
I feel obligated to share it, and with it, I offer my thanks to the veterans here for your service.

[worriersanonymous.org]

Pleasant Garden, NC
AT Max, Nokta Impact, MX Sport, Nokta FORS Relic, GPX 4800, Infinium, Racer, Deus, F75SE, Nautilus DMC II (order of acquisition, last to first)

Does an archeologist argue with a plow? A bureaucrat with a bulldozer?
Re: June 6 (today), 1944 - D-Day
June 06, 2016 08:22PM
Outstanding video! Thanks for sharing.

Charles A Riemenschneider
USAF 1971-1977
June 06, 2016 08:42PM
NCWayne, I am so glad that you shared this with us. I am not ashamed to say that it pulled tears from my eyes. VERY moving. To see the grief and anguish in those mothers and loved ones who lost their son/brother/friend just made me lose it, emotionally. May God Bless all of the soldiers who stormed Normandy beach to bring down the flag of fascism and raise up the flag of freedom. Thank you for sharing this. And a heartfelt thanks to all military personnel now and in the past.
June 06, 2016 10:08PM
That generation at 18-19 stormed the beaches and dropped from air planes in a hail of gun fire and anti aircraft fire and never backed away.

This generation at 18-19 has to have a "safe zone" to hide from words that "offend" them.
June 07, 2016 12:38AM
Some today take are freedom for granted as I'm not one. My father was in Korea and His older brother was a prisoner of war in WWII and spent 2 weeks in a box car kramed like sardines! They were the "Greatest Generation"period.
June 07, 2016 01:03AM
NcWayne--Thanks for sharing on this special day. These type men are few and far between now.RIP
June 07, 2016 02:53AM
Touching video.

Thanks for sharing.

I thank all veterans for their service-- huge sacrifices made by all.