Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Racers gone, need a new detector!

Posted by ghound 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Racers gone, need a new detector!
June 27, 2016 12:33PM
So as much as i liked many of the features on my R2 it was missing the most important feature for me, that's being able to hit on a 10 inch coin in my ground.
I tried the nel tornado, super coil and it defo hit harder the the stock, tried the big 15' racer coil and still no luck, so i have had to admit defeat.
The racer showed mostly 3-4 bars where i hunt so im looking suggestions for a detector that will work in this type of ground, not really keen on going back to an etrac because of, well just because lol
I did notice Golden Mask have the GM5 with a new type of coil called the fighter which is supposed to be specific for mineralised ground, looks interesting?
Re: Racers gone, need a new detector!
June 27, 2016 02:45PM
I take it you are talking dimes at 10" deep???

Anyway,,what about the AKA units,,,some say they are deeper than etrac/CTX in the mineralized soil.

I haven't ran one, but would like to.

Thought I had a used unit bought on FM forum,,,but seller was holding for someone to make up their mine,,and they eventually bought it.

I have heard the GB on them is a bit crude though.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/27/2016 03:27PM by tnsharpshooter.
June 27, 2016 03:11PM
The lack of depth is exactly why I sold my XP Deus after less than a month and went back to using my Etrac. I'd love to find a lighter machine than the Etrac, but, am not willing to give up the depth.
June 27, 2016 03:22PM
Whites TDI.
June 27, 2016 03:23PM
Is visual I.D important to you..

If not there's a few that hit 10 inch dimes in bad soil..

Like the Deeptechs..vaquero or modded cibola..

F75. Though I.d. might not be accurate..but still has I.d.

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
June 27, 2016 04:37PM
Tnss i could get the very odd peep on an old victorian penny which is a big coin, but i knew it was there and you have to stand over it and work it to get it, defo wouldn't get it in a real life hunt, i tried a freshly buried us quarter @10' but it didn't pick it up, just my soil i guess, when it gets to 3-4 bars on the racer probably most detectors would struggle.
Keith im happy enough with just a tone machine, i did message deeptech who figured 8' in mineralised soil is not too bad though i know you get more in your hard soil.
This new coil from Golden mask has my interest, might give it a blast as there not big money to buy anyways and forum member Ziggy rates them well.