Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

a little of this, a little of that

Posted by ncwayne 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
a little of this, a little of that
June 26, 2016 05:44PM
Not much noteworthy here, but all of this was found with the MXSport except for one wheatie and one shotgun brass.

50 cal round ball showing ramrod mark

minie ball and buck ball

Thanks for looking.

Pleasant Garden, NC
AT Max, Nokta Impact, MX Sport, Nokta FORS Relic, GPX 4800, Infinium, Racer, Deus, F75SE, Nautilus DMC II (order of acquisition, last to first)

Does an archeologist argue with a plow? A bureaucrat with a bulldozer?
Re: a little of this, a little of that
June 26, 2016 06:18PM
It is neat to see the trend with these MXS finds. The majority of targets are round ones. Whites is on to something with that. Whether they utilize it or not, who knows.

I love the point you found...the old one, not the 4 blade Muzzy broadhead lol
June 26, 2016 06:38PM
Nothing wrong with those finds,,they all add up.

Nice little arrow head.

I have only dug one arrow head while digging a target,,actually a merc dime.

I'd like to see some head to head with MX Sport and V3i with stock coil attached.. Results may be surprising.
June 26, 2016 06:49PM
tnsharpshooter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Nothing wrong with those finds,,they all add up.
>
> Nice little arrow head.
>
> I have only dug one arrow head while digging a
> target,,actually a merc dime.
>
> I'd like to see some head to head with MX Sport
> and V3i with stock coil attached.. Results may be
> surprising.

My local digging buddy JUST THIS WEEK, bought an MX Sport, V3i, and a TDI. I am kind of interested myself in seeing what he plans on doing with them. He traded a Springfield M1A1 for the V3i and traded 3 Confederate artillery shells and sold an AR15 to get the TDI and MX Sport.

Going from my memory of the V3i...in the hands of an experienced user, they could set the machine to handle site specific areas better than the MX Sport can be set. But if going by just factory preset programs, the MX Sport would have quite an edge. The V3i factory programs are cut back quite a bit.
June 26, 2016 07:01PM
Like we used to say on the Coinstrike...

If its round its out of the ground !!

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
June 26, 2016 08:14PM
I have noticed that all the metal detectors I have used past or present... absolutely love round objects. That is the nature of generated eddy currents onto the surface of metal objects buried underground......
June 27, 2016 03:13AM
some good finds, the more you dig the better you learn a machine
June 27, 2016 05:57AM
Hey Wayne,you have been busy. Looks like that machine is doing well for you. What are your initial thoughts on it's strengths and weaknesses?...Stuart
June 27, 2016 06:13AM
Hey Stuart, see this thread for my comments:
[www.dankowskidetectors.com]

Maybe we can get together for a land hunt and compare the FORS Relic and MXSport on the same targets. You'd get to try both machines and we can see how they stack up.
Any old stuff around Weldon or Halifax? <vbg>

Wayne

Pleasant Garden, NC
AT Max, Nokta Impact, MX Sport, Nokta FORS Relic, GPX 4800, Infinium, Racer, Deus, F75SE, Nautilus DMC II (order of acquisition, last to first)

Does an archeologist argue with a plow? A bureaucrat with a bulldozer?