Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

I found this junk today with my Tejon.

Posted by Rick, N. MI 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
I found this junk today with my Tejon.
June 29, 2016 01:02AM
The thing on the left is a tool for something and what is the big steel spike used for.

Rick
Re: I found this junk today with my Tejon.
June 29, 2016 01:09AM
Neat looking junk!
June 29, 2016 01:09AM
If that spike has a flared out head at the top = it's a old cabin spike

if it's not flared and is completely straight from just above the point all the way up the shaft to the end = a plow point/tine thing
G]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/29/2016 01:21AM by MichiganRelicHunter.
June 29, 2016 01:32AM
Alright,,

Some good iron relics.

They will go well I'm sure with your previous finds.

Glad you posted them,,,so folks can identify and I get educated.

Thanks for sharing.
June 29, 2016 03:38AM
The tool looks real similar to what companies send with tractors and machinery. Back in grandpa's day most farmers didn't have a shop full of tools so companies designed "multi tools"and included them in machines tool boxes. With one tool you could set your points change your plugs and so on. The spike is from a spike tooth harrow or around here a smoothin drag. If your nugget noggin everything you found appears to be off an old model t ford lol just kidding I like his videos!
June 29, 2016 03:58AM
Also found a tire cap from a 1900's car like the Model T's at another spot. It took a few weeks to figure out what it was.

Thanks for the info.

Rick
June 29, 2016 05:30PM
Like the Auger!

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla