Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Getting max depth in PP an Disc with the Excal

Posted by adamBomb 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Getting max depth in PP an Disc with the Excal
July 09, 2016 03:43PM
My first video on the excal:

https://youtu.be/S890XA102s8

Nox600, CTX, CZ21, Excal II and White's DF with 920i stealthscoop...I live and hunt at the beach in Wilm NCsmiling smiley
Re: Getting max depth in PP an Disc with the Excal
July 11, 2016 04:53PM
Seems about normal..

Threshold in Disc ifs for a Guide to know what's going on as far as rejected targets..but yes weaker targets can be heard in DIsc of its just barely heard or even on the verge of being silent..

The all metal side sens it not really linear as you've shown..has maybe two or three ranges,,Lots of units are like that in all metal..Bandidos 5900 etc..

But the BBS in the soil especially harsh mineral is deeper in PP than Disc..

also the beauty of BBS having a threshold based all metal mode is it can run very smooth in bad soil that some other units struggle with to keep a threshold in bad soil...Vlf will compensate for the bad soil by running a faster SAT retune rate to smooth out the threshold in sever dirt..but that hurts depth..the BBS can keep a slower retune and also stay smooth..the beauty of BBS..

One thing around here to dig deep within a BBS is we I run them in all metal. and cross check in disc..Here's a scenario..running allmetal full sens ..you get a deep whisper modulated tight hit..I rescan it with the disc on zero...if I get a HARD null that is quick and sure of itself I know its iron junk..If I get a weird null and tone flopping back and forth I investigate(dig) till I either get a good tone or I get a HARD null...If I get nothing when I check in disc not even a null..I usually get excited..I know it very deep and it good be a deep minnie ball..LIke the past a foot easily ones.

the disc can call deep goodies in bad soil as iron . not as much as a VLF tends to but still can still do it..and plus the all metal in this soil is DEEEEEP because of BBS..

Good vid!

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
July 11, 2016 09:57PM
Interesting. So are you saying that in mineralized soil PP is deeper than Disc? The beaches I detect have such low mineralization that I haven't been able to test in another environment so my real world tests are the same as my air test. Now I am curious.

Nox600, CTX, CZ21, Excal II and White's DF with 920i stealthscoop...I live and hunt at the beach in Wilm NCsmiling smiley
July 12, 2016 12:26AM
Yes in mineralized soil PP is deeper than Disc..

One thing also unique to the Sovereign in all metal mode a nail will Wah wah ..very easy to tell nails even in the PP mode..

Back in the day pre 90 when we were using just VLF all metal mode like on the whites and such we used all metal to get the depth in bad soil...as disc depth is limited ..modern units have come along way's in helping get close to all metal depth in disc modes but mineral changes that..phase shifting an Bad minerals wreaks havoc on deep and or small items in bad soil..

Still nothing as of today is as deep as a single channel threshold based true all metal mode in bad dirt and even good dirt ....

Just run a MXT in mixed mode and you will see that...listen to the allmetal threshold channel and here the slight wavers int he threshold that the disc does not make a peep on...

Run a Nautilus DMC machine ..the all metal side will report deeper than the disc circuit in any soil..

same holds true for the BBS...its just that the BBS can hold to a threshold better in allmetal than about anything yet developed besides P.I.'s..and BBs is aPulsed gate signal anyways .so we get to use a smooth operating all metal modulated nuanced mode and decide what we want to dig through reverse dic..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla