Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Have Y'all seen this ???FaceBook live?

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Have Y'all seen this ???FaceBook live?
July 18, 2016 03:20AM
[www.facebook.com]

Looks like the ability to show live hunts are HERE...

Maye get some of those google glasses...

I've been watching people all over the world for the past day now...just scroll around the maps and hover over a blue dot and it will go live instantly to their stream..

I don't do facebook or know how to do facebook but this is very exciting ..imagine a Live feed from a hunt....MIght need a unlimited date plan..which I have anyways...

I dreamed of a live hunt ability a few years ago it may be getting close!!!

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
Re: Have Y'all seen this ???FaceBook live?
July 18, 2016 03:54AM
N/T

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/18/2016 03:55AM by Keith Southern.
July 18, 2016 02:26PM
Pretty cool, and for me my favorite vids are the ones where hunters acquire a signal, dig a hole and then we see the result...the ones where hunters start their vid showing a great target sitting on top of a pile of dirt from a hole already dug are ok but way less satisfying to me.
Like only watching the last 15 seconds of the winner crossing over the finish line in the Indy 500 race..it's all the action that came before that is a much bigger and enjoyable part of the whole experience.

I myself have made a few vids with my GoPro and caught a few great targets I captured from start to finish on film, (or digitally if you prefer the correct term), and that is fun to watch for me when I want to relive them.
All I can say is thank goodness for editing software...don't think people really want to watch me in the process of finding and digging up a bunch of garbage before that good target shows up unless they really need something to put themselves to sleep.

Thanks for the heads up!
July 18, 2016 09:29PM
I just joined Facebook and it is the Future as far as sites go. They are filled with hunting Legends like Sid Witherington. This guy has found somthing like 80 or more Civil War Plates. He told Me He found over 30 alone with a Old Wilson ATD unit. He said He would love to get another if He could find one.
No disrespect but He some of these Forum guys look like small potato's.
July 19, 2016 12:52AM
Harold,ILL. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I just joined Facebook and it is the Future as far
> as sites go.

If you are talking about finds sites I would agree. I was once told by an admin on a major forum that the forum wasn't my playground and that it was for looking at people's finds and complimenting them. Most forums have become a Facebook page for a few people although they still carry the forum name. Certainly nothing wrong with showing of finds. As for Facebook being the future as far as sites go, you may be right.

While I don't think we need to be organized I think a general consensus on different issues is good. Before Facebook and youtube the forums were the place that brought detectorists together. A lot of people that would have made it to a forum will not and they will not be exposed to a lot of the different issues of detecting. The things that are being done on Facebook and youtube could be done on a forum.

I realize there is not a lot of interest in the detecting community in protecting the hobby. Detectorists do want to be productive and show off their finds. They can do that more easily and longer by protecting the hobby but they don't have that on their mind. The stars of Facebook and youtube have the opportunity to stress that when showing off their finds. We'll see who is going to be encouraging others by showing their finds and who is going to be helping them be successful. Those that do both will be an asset to the hobby.
July 19, 2016 01:11AM
I never liked YouTube as it shows a lot of greed in the Hobby. Guys with shovels digging 3" Coins in parks gives Newb's the idea this is O.K. and it is not.
July 19, 2016 03:06AM
That's been available on youtube for a while. I have a DJI Phantom 3 Pro drone with a 4K UHD camera, and it's software already had the capability to live stream the video straight to youtube. Haven't tried it yet, but it's pretty cool. You could put it in "follow-me" mode and stream a live hunt.

Keith Southern Wrote:
> [www.facebook.com]
>
> Looks like the ability to show live hunts are
> HERE...
>
> Maye get some of those google glasses...
>
> I've been watching people all over the world for
> the past day now...just scroll around the maps and
> hover over a blue dot and it will go live
> instantly to their stream..
>
> I don't do facebook or know how to do facebook but
> this is very exciting ..imagine a Live feed from a
> hunt....MIght need a unlimited date plan..which I
> have anyways...
>
> I dreamed of a live hunt ability a few years ago
> it may be getting close!!!
>
> Keith
July 19, 2016 03:44AM
Yes I'm thinking we are getting close to NEW ways of Communicating..and Forums are slowly becoming obsolete..

the newer generation don't even do forums...

I believe there will be a better way SOON..

Forums are to confined feeling...

I would rather have some sort of my own Personal BLOG type setup.My own meanderings...

Just put your ideas out there for people to read or watch..Sort of your own personal mini forum web site Virtual world..People can come in and look around read watch leave comment..etc...

People who are subscribed to you and accepted can get on and get live feeds of updates new info or even a live stream fixing to start.

I take a pic from a find in the field ..presto everyone sees it that's been accepted..Turn on my video camera a text goes out saying 1864 has went live...write some thoughts...anyone who's your Member can see it instantly on their phone ...

ITS COMING..IM READY!!!

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
July 19, 2016 06:26PM
I totally agree as Facebook is the way to go. You can post a pick with out having to resize it or use a service like photobucket. You can do it all from a Smartphone.
July 20, 2016 03:42AM
Keith Southern Wrote:
> Yes I'm thinking we are getting close to NEW ways
> of Communicating..and Forums are slowly becoming
> obsolete..
>
> the newer generation don't even do forums...
>
> I believe there will be a better way SOON..
>
> Forums are to confined feeling...

> ITS COMING..IM READY!!!
>
> Keith

I think you're right and this one is a good example. Hard to find a post by anyone that has joined in the last year. When I was on friendly in 2014 it was fun even though I probably had between 50 and 100 PMs from authority trying to change me. I and others would post all across the board and even if you didn't agree on some issues you could still have fun in Family Friendly topics. It showed what the members wanted to do.

When Friendly tried to tell members what to post and how to post the site took a hit and 2015 was a bad year. They were naturally going to lose some members as all forums were but they accelerated it.

They had a right to do that and they may not have wanted a bigger forum unless it represented what authority wanted rather than the members.

Tnet may have to go political to make a buck as Findmall does. A mod has posted his presidential choice in a post and politics are against the rules unless you pay 20 bucks and use the right section.

The pets at Friendly get away with things others get banned or scolded for.

Forums overall are a kiss up or go venue and not many people will do that if they can do what they want elsewhere. If what a person wants to do fits in with authorities wishes they will have no problem.
July 21, 2016 11:35AM
Yes keith you should join facebook!