Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

New Toys grinning smileythumbs down

Posted by auminesweeper 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
New Toys grinning smileythumbs down
July 21, 2016 02:42PM
Hey folks I have been playing with my machine and buying more coils for testing anyway, my scales only went down to 0.00 grams which is not too bad but they would not weigh some of my test pieces so I found a great company over here who sell every type of scales you can think of anyway the man showed me a set that can measure 0.001grams and 0.0001 oz , 0.01 Gn and 0.001 dwt and the came in a padded case with a pair of tweezers for picking up stuff and 3 different sized measuring pans along with 2 Calibration weights which is pretty cool to, So not only do I have an ultra fine set I can now Calibrate the other 2 sets I own,

Anyways here they are.. John

[www.ourweigh.co.uk]
Re: New Toys grinning smileythumbs down
July 21, 2016 03:32PM
Those new scales that you have just bought look very nice.

These are my new set of scales that i have just bought for when i use my TDI Pro and the 20'' Mono coil on it smiling smiley

July 21, 2016 03:37PM
Junk and Disorderly Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Those new scales that you have just bought look
> very nice.
>
> These are my new set of scales that i have just
> bought for when i use my TDI Pro and the 20'' Mono
> coil on it smiling smiley
>
> [cdn4.explainthatstuff.com]
> ghing-scales.jpg

Yeah they are pretty good aye, I like to test all my gear and as you know I do give em a good workout,

I got on a pair of them scales like you posted dropped the coin in and They said you must be joking and started laughing, sad smiley
July 21, 2016 08:54PM
On the subject of scales, one way to easily make accurate small weights for calibration/test purposes is to use electrical solder wire. This is very consistent in diameter, most commonly less than 1mm. If you measure out a known length of it, say 3 metres, on good scales, you can then use mathematics to calculate what length is needed to make smaller weights down to fractions of a gram. Just measure off that length with a ruler, cut the wire with a sharp knife, and there it is.
I used this technique to home-brew a basic 0 - 300 mgram scale some years ago. Laughably crude, with its hand-calibrated non-linear scale, but good to 10mg resolution.
July 21, 2016 09:14PM
Pimento Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> On the subject of scales, one way to easily make
> accurate small weights for calibration/test
> purposes is to use electrical solder wire. This is
> very consistent in diameter, most commonly less
> than 1mm. If you measure out a known length of it,
> say 3 metres, on good scales, you can then use
> mathematics to calculate what length is needed to
> make smaller weights down to fractions of a gram.
> Just measure off that length with a ruler, cut the
> wire with a sharp knife, and there it is.
> I used this technique to home-brew a basic 0 - 300
> mgram scale some years ago. Laughably crude, with
> its hand-calibrated non-linear scale, but good to
> 10mg resolution.

That's a good Idea and I agree, you can use simple methods for adjusting Guitar pickups to get the best balance of Tone Vs Sustain, Some one put the question up on a forum and all the experts came up with a few Ideas and so did the others, So I had the brain wave that sound is all related to time Vs frequency so I told the guy to grab a stopwatch and time how long the String Vibrates and to start off with the pickups well away from the strings and slowly raise the pickup height until the time gets shorter and then back it off a touch, anyway he tried it and it worked and he is totally in love with his Guitar again,

John