Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Liking this guys detector tests!

Posted by ghound 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Liking this guys detector tests!
July 31, 2016 04:43PM
[youtu.be]

Really nice test bed, though i would have thought the racer on 2 tone would have faired better than 3 tone.
Re: Liking this guys detector tests!
July 31, 2016 05:20PM
Good video,,,I like the cutaway shots of what the target scenario looked like.

As far as 2 tone not faring better than 3 tone.

Soil mineralization will cause this IMO.

Milder soil,,,2 tone deeper.
July 31, 2016 06:41PM
I do too. Sounds like he's from the great state of Minnesota. Some of the masking tests that he says are a no go, I think maybe he was just looking at numbers.....I heard some higher tons getting through. I think I could get along with that unit.
July 31, 2016 06:44PM
I don't know, his detector showed 2 bars, my soil typically showed 3-4 on the R2 and i found 2 tone deeper, saying that i mainly hunted slow and low in deep mode to get some sort of depth lol
But he's put a fair bit of effort into making a decent test garden for any detector, i really like it.
There was another guy on ytube who tested detectors with one sweep, as in a hunting situation which i also really liked, too many folk testing detectors that sweep for ages to let the detector build up a picture of whats below the coil that they already know is there, on a hunt it has to give a hit that catches your attention on the first sweep imho.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/31/2016 06:46PM by ghound.