Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Why don't you post more often ?

Posted by Kemper94 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Why don't you post more often ?
August 01, 2016 02:11AM
Just curious. smiling smiley Can't blame it on me cause I've been following the forum the past year and seen it get pretty dead at times. I think the liveliest was when a political thread was going. I realize that everyone has a different schedule and some have more time available. I also realize that not as many people are interested in the technical aspects of detectors as use to be the case.

So, what I'm asking is why do you not feel like posting ?
Re: Why don't you post more often ?
August 01, 2016 11:37AM
One of the reasons I like this forum is because it doesn't take long to get through. I only visit 2 detecting forums because of time....not saying I'm like the Alice in Wonderland rabbit or anything, but there is always something that needs attention or doing around here or at friends and family's homes .

My area of expertise in this hobby is 'not having an area' but I can go detecting and find the goodies. Hunting in iron draws me, always has. Sometimes for a mind break I just enjoy an open field of part of an old homestead.

My left brain enjoys reading about the tech side, my right brain enjoys the stories and adventures. So, most of my posts are telling stories, not so much teaching or helping others directly. If I think it will help, I'll throw in a tidbit now and then, other wise I keep quiet.
August 01, 2016 01:09PM
I like that this forum tends to keep the BS out and just discuss detectors, technology, tests, etc. Sometimes there is just nothing to discuss. But if you ask a good question you are going to get good answers.

Nox600, CTX, CZ21, Excal II and White's DF with 920i stealthscoop...I live and hunt at the beach in Wilm NCsmiling smiley
August 01, 2016 05:02PM
Nice to hide behind a PC screen comes to mind....One wonders if you were at a detector club meeting how talkative you would be..
In any case we do need more dancers and less wallflowers as that the way we all learn if we stick to the forum rules...
August 02, 2016 11:56AM
Having been involved in several fora thru the last 17 years, I've always noted a large drop in viewings/posts during the summer vacation period.
May thru September - I guess people are busy with family stuff, home decorating, yard work, other interests e.g. Vintage car shows, motorcycle rides, soccer, Wimbledon tennis, and the very imminent Olympics in Rio.
August 02, 2016 02:02PM
"Why don't you post more often?"

Why. don't you post less often?
August 02, 2016 02:48PM
Hobo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> "Why don't you post more often?"
>
> Why. don't you post less often?

AMEN & AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!
August 02, 2016 05:28PM
Kemper, almost 200 posts in 30 days? That's gotta be some kind of record!
August 02, 2016 05:35PM
Beyonder-Pa Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Kemper, almost 200 posts in 30 days? That's gotta
> be some kind of record!

And the worthwhile content of all of them wouldn't fill up a buckyball.
August 02, 2016 05:54PM
When I started detecting, I googled a lot, discovered lots of forums and decided this was the one that most peaked my interest.
Because I wanted to learn about my tools at hand,... I wanted to learn the trade.

People were using such a weird and wonderfull jargon I didn't understand,... detectors came and went, finds were made,... I started to understand
what people were saying.

I still feel like any contribution on my part isn't actually contributing to this forum,... but I'm getting there.
I'm starting to understand my tools, my soil and my finds and what the more experienced guys on here are actually talking about.

So I guess it is out of respect to those with more experience, who actually share their experiences for my benefit.
That I prefer not to muddy up the clear water with my meaningless drivel.

HH
Johnb
August 02, 2016 11:47PM
time and don't have much to say