Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Need guidance reference to KHz

Posted by Tom41 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Need guidance reference to KHz
August 25, 2016 10:55PM
A lot goes into a unit as far as making it a keeper to add with the units you have confidence in, given a particular hunting site and the conditions at that location.

When I picked up my GPX it came with a Eurka Gold. For the price I paid I look at this unit as an extra to use to buy something else down the road. With the eureka having 6.4 / 20 and 60 kHz would there be a benefit to this machine for relic and coin in the first two? Have any of you tried it for anything other than nugget or fine gold?

Still boxed up and would like to know what you think before breaking out.

Or should I move it for another.

Thanks for any advice you can give.
Re: Need guidance reference to KHz
August 25, 2016 11:08PM
There Ok, I was told that coil is best suited to about 20khz I think and Coiltek make other coils for them but to get the best out of it for some reason the different coil work best at one of the other frequencies.

Try this thread there is some good info in there,

John.

[www.prospectingaustralia.com.au]
August 25, 2016 11:59PM
Thx AU, still reading but thought I would come back and let ya know.
August 26, 2016 12:08AM
No Worries mate, Dig In have fun.

John.
August 26, 2016 12:45AM
I was wondering the same about the Eureka. What I read about it, it says it can handle bad soil better than a lot of other VLF machines but I don't personally know anybody that has tried one. In searching this forum and Google, I think ncwayne asked about it a year or two ago and nobody responded to it. John is correct, I read several people's report saying it worked best at 20 khz. I had been researching it heavy and was going to get either the Eureka or a XTerra 705. The 705 won out for me. I liked having a toggle switch to go to diff frequencies on the Eureka instead of having to swap coils to do it on the Xterra. But my reasoning was the Xterra could be sold as a used unit a lot easier than the Eureka in the event that I didn't like it.
August 26, 2016 02:18AM
I've ran one ..

neat unit..

BUT it only disc small to medium sizes of iron ..

its a dedicated Gold machine....hard to use in iron trash and in modern trash forget about it..

if your prospecting its a Good Unit if you wanting to dissect iron its noisy ..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
August 26, 2016 06:06AM
Thx guys for the info. Several hours of reading and some vids looks like it will stay boxed up and sold to someone who could use it for what it was intended for. Keith, what you described is the exact areas I mostly hunt.

Time to take some pix and move it out.

Thx fellas