Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Minelab / Nitek GPR.

Posted by auminesweeper 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Minelab / Nitek GPR.
September 07, 2016 02:32AM
Here is some links about a new Minelab / Nitek GPR that lets you see what is there before you even dig and it can see metal, Plastic and other Items too, Enjoy,

John,

[www.niitek.com]

[www.detectorprospector.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/07/2016 02:34AM by auminesweeper.
Re: Minelab / Nitek GPR.
September 07, 2016 10:53AM
It sure sounds like a Minelab at 7.1lbs.
September 07, 2016 11:21AM
Says it sees through concrete and sees non-metallic items. Concrete has stone in it.....does it not pick up the stone?
September 07, 2016 04:31PM
I was curious about what GPR is good for in demining and found a couple of research papers. Here's one

[citeseerx.ist.psu.edu]

it appears that in a combo such as the Groundshark, the objective is reducing the number of "false positives" - these are the weak part of either a pure GPR or pure metal detector tool.

The GPR can "see" the presence of plastic case and explosive charge of the mine, but it might be confused with a stone or other non metallic feature. in combination, the detector would differentiate between these based on the metal content of the mine.

The metal detector alone would pick up every piece of metal junk, each of which would have to be evaluated as a possible mine. The GPR's shape recognition reduces this problem.

Hard to see what value it would have in nugget hunting, but relic hunting has real possibiliite, finding structures where interesting relics can be located.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
September 09, 2016 05:42PM
I am excited to see companies testing these new technologies out. I wonder if we are at a point where we are done seeing depth improvements (at least in non mineralized soil) and focusing more on identification of targets...honestly I don't want to dig deeper than my CTX is going unless it can tell me its gold or silver with 100% accuracy. Digging 15 inches for a penny is not fun and I dig them because that 1 time I dont I know someone is going to come along and dig up a small gold band.

Nox600, CTX, CZ21, Excal II and White's DF with 920i stealthscoop...I live and hunt at the beach in Wilm NCsmiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/09/2016 05:43PM by adamBomb.
September 09, 2016 05:49PM
adamBomb Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I am excited to see companies testing these new
> technologies out. I wonder if we are at a point
> where we are done seeing depth improvements (at
> least in non mineralized soil) and focusing more
> on identification of targets...honestly I don't
> want to dig deeper than my CTX is going unless it
> can tell me its gold or silver with 100% accuracy.
> Digging 15 inches for a penny is not fun and I dig
> them because that 1 time I dont I know someone is
> going to come along and dig up a small gold band.

I have dug 12 and 14" on UK pennies And I am sure I could get them deeper, I must be the Only person who uses a Pick and finds coins, Lol.

Some times life just ain't fair grinning smileygrinning smiley

John.